• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertank or The source or ?????

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
Any opininons??

I have a 5lb setup from BigAir
I got a sweet deal on everything when these guys first came out. 150psi fixed regulator with 25ft coiled airhose, I like it.

we have a local fire extinguisher shop that converts 15# CO2 tanks.. new hydro tested tank, new valve, new regulator, and new bracket, AND first CO2 charge all for a lil over $200.... i got 9 trail runs out of it, a few with airups at the end of the day and a few at the end of the weekend.. i lost count but i estimate i got 40 - 44 tires out of it.. thats running my 33x12.50s at 9 - 10 psi and airing up to 28 psi.... and a new charge on my now-empty tank runs only $20... thats alot better than a powertank or a quikair for the $$$....

Fergie said:
www.beveragefactory.com for my stuff.

If I did it again, I'd only buy the tank there and get the reg from some place else.

Fergie
Got mine there too. 10lb aluminum tank was $80.00, fixed pressure regulator from Williams Helium and Balloon Supply in Santa Maria, CA for around $30.00, and hose and air chuck at Homie Depot for $10.00.

This setup has served me very well.

Dan

Any of you guys have problems with the Regulator freezing up?

I hear that's the reason to go with a Powertank or Source setup is for the quality regulator.

btray

btraysxj said:
Any of you guys have problems with the Regulator freezing up?

I hear that's the reason to go with a Powertank or Source setup is for the quality regulator.

btray

I'm running one of the setups from www.formattfab.com . The regulator will start to freeze and slow down after you fill up about 8 tires in a row. So, if you fill your tires and your friends then it will definitely slow down some.

I guess I just wasn't willing to spend about $320 on a tank. The one I got is about half the price......and if I'm filling up more than 8 tires in a row then I need to find a different air source than a 10lb CO2 tank anyway. :dunce:

Back