• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Diagrams

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have access to complete wiring diagrams for 87-90 XJ's? My service manual doesn't cover the cruise control wiring im trying to figure out.

Thanks

Any factory service manual has the necessary diagrams. What specific problems are you having with the cruise? There are several known problems with those. Two things to check right off are the wires that go into the cruise switch on the turn signal stalk, they often break where they twist when the switch is operated. The wires are partially exposed at the entry point, thats where they break. Also check the switch on the brake pedal, not the brake kight switch but the other one.

Not so fast, Mate.

"The" FSM for my '88 is an entire library. It consists of a 1986 FSM, supplemented by separate books covering the BA 10/5 tranny, the NP231 transfer case, the 4.0L engine, the MPFI fuel injection system ... and a HUGE book of wiring diagrams and electrical trouble shooting charts.

Don't know if the '90 FSM is set up the same, but it wouldn't surprise me.

DaveD in Canada said:
Any factory service manual has the necessary diagrams. What specific problems are you having with the cruise? There are several known problems with those. Two things to check right off are the wires that go into the cruise switch on the turn signal stalk, they often break where they twist when the switch is operated. The wires are partially exposed at the entry point, thats where they break. Also check the switch on the brake pedal, not the brake kight switch but the other one.

I have a hanes manual and it doesn cover much. What is an FSM and where can I get one?

My '90 FSM has 2 large volumes, one for chassis, the other for electrical, along with 2 smaller supplements for ABS and manual transmission.
I have found the electrical wiring diagrams to be very complete, altho a bit challenging to follow at times.

FSMs:

800-890-4038

Back