• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FISHERPRICE "My First Lift"

ryanwscott

NAXJA Forum User
Two years ago i bought a 2000 XJ classic and i have been creeping NAXJA ever since. Just last Friday I ordered my first lift kit!

RC 6.5" X-Series N2.
SYE and Tom woods drive shaft.
Extended brake lines (front and rear)
(4) wheel spacers because im stupid and i want to keep my "ICONS"

MY questions for you folks.

What else is missing that you can think of, i plan on installing the kit starting Friday and i would hate to get midway and relize i need more parts.

I also dont have tires yet (any input size,width,type,brand would be great ) i was thinking 285 75r16 but i have no idea.

Steering my is shot( HD steering kits IROOTK, JCR, Rustys,ect)

bumpstops????

thanks for checking my post out i will be posting pics of my build starting friday i hope as long as i have all the parts i need it is kinda my DD so lets hope its done my tuesday morning.

You might need pinion shims in the rear--I had to use some with my Rusty's lift. You'll need to bumpstop accordingly, depending on tire size as well.

not that you will "need" it to install, but pay attn to your shackle angle after you install the springs. the stock angle is terrible already, and if the springs have a lot of arch in them, it will get worse (as if that's possible). shackle relocation brackets ftw.

not that you will "need" it to install, but pay attn to your shackle angle after you install the springs. the stock angle is terrible already, and if the springs have a lot of arch in them, it will get worse (as if that's possible). shackle relocation brackets ftw.

illl be sure to check that during install i also just ordered some bumpstops,now how about HD steering the iron rock kit looks pretty nice? i really want to just order it

i just left the tire store and i told the guy i was looking for a 285 75r16 and he asked me my rim width then looked at me kinda funny, it made me kinda wonder a bfg AT 285/75r16 will fit on factory icons 16/7?

HDOffroadengineering.com
for shackle boxes. They bring the awesome and will make it ride like stock again. New design is bolt on.

I fit 245/75R16 on icon's just fine. I don't see a problem with 285's.

The tire manufacturer will list recommended wheel sizes on the website for that size tire. Most list 16x7-9 for these sizes.

BFG says:
7.5" - 9"
for wheel width. I'd run them on a 7", just adjust to get wear even. They may crown a bit.

Yea if you go with shackle relocates it will ease the shim angle required to get your rear pinion looking at the SYE.

Oh and like the name you chose for this thread hehe :laugh:

I purchased the Daystars, front and rear and some pucks in the front coils too. The fronts were sort of a bitch to install, and I am still working that out.

I like the Daystars, but yes, there is a little effort involved in the front.

jk2xj1, in the front, I used a hacksaw to cut mine to correct length, cutting off the bigger OD end, then used a grinder to "hand turn" down the OD for the approx 1" of insertion depth. Then flipped the bumpstop over and went in at a 45o all the way around for the retention groove in the correct direction and depth to retain them. Wiped a tiny film of grease around them and jammed into place - they are NOT coming out and they work, and even look OEM!

hard to get this kind of flex w/out the relocation brackets. and this is on a budget, baby 3" lift i pieced together.

jeepflexrear_zps33423b75.jpg

look at the shackle in this pic. it's still pointing towards the rear w/this much droop. still has more to swing down and droop. i think my shocks are limiting droop here. i also ran out of ramp tho..

jeepflexside_zps58e1b500.jpg

Lift came in today tires arrive on wed I went with a 285/75r16 duratrac just under 1000 installed good deal. I went ahead and ordered the otk steering from iron rock.

Kinda nervous about the install I'm starting Friday and man I have a lot of parts to put on, I'm going to start pb blasting tonight for good measure!

I'm local and have lifted a few of them in the past-- hit me up if you're needing anything. I'm working throughout the weekend, but I can at least offer advice where/when it's needed.

P.M. me if you want a local contact number and I'll be happy to do what I can.

Shorty

Since no one else chimed in on this you will need and adjustable trac bar. Go with a double shear. And up grade the torrid if you can spring for it.

Back