• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ocotillo Wells

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, my dad and I are heading down (from norcal) to ride our quads at Ocotillo wells. We are leaving now (sunday), will be staying at/riding from the Desert Ironwood hotel and plan on riding Monday and Tuesday.

Just curious as to wether or not any locals will be out there riding who would like to meet up and possibly show us around. We are always up for meeting new people, especially from the NAXJA family!

Post up if you are going to be out there!

-Kevin

haha i left the ironwoods this morning. i was there all weekend riding the dirt scooter. friday was beautiful waether. yesterday evening the wind and rain came. the drive home was quite snowy from banner grade to west of santa ysabel

you dont remember me coming into stone a couple months ago with a broken finger?

The one that points left? Lol no but seriously your way to mellow to be brawling. Thats for me and dirt......and sometimes Mike......

The one that points left? Lol no but seriously your way to mellow to be brawling. Thats for me and dirt......and sometimes Mike......
Me? mellow? have you seen me drive? haha
i'm only mellow around people i like...

haha i left the ironwoods this morning. i was there all weekend riding the dirt scooter. friday was beautiful waether. yesterday evening the wind and rain came. the drive home was quite snowy from banner grade to west of santa ysabel
Ha, my buddy was out there too, he works there sometimes in exchange for having his trailer there. i think he's the resident dirtbike mechanic/ditch digger.

Well we finally got here! Any "must go" places we should try to ride to?

Well we finally got here! Any "must go" places we should try to ride to?
tough call, blow sand hill is pretty close i think, lots of people go there. other than that, just take random washes and whatnot and have fun. i have only been out there on the bike a few times and we camped off the s22. maybe hit up the pumpkin patch?

Iron Door!!!

Get a map from the park and check out ALL the trails out here.
I'd come bye and show you around, but I'll be busy over the next
couple of days.

Stay warm!
If you can get away to Borrego Springs let me know.

Rick

There are so many Must Go places on Ocotilla Wells, it would take several trips to see them all.

Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like we are going to start out by trying to find a place to ride to for breakfast, where we will look over the maps.. But first I am going to see if the free coffee here is any good!

Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like we are going to start out by trying to find a place to ride to for breakfast, where we will look over the maps.. But first I am going to see if the free coffee here is any good!

The Blu Inn is well known for their top notch breakfasts. Kinda' makes me hungry now.

Do make sure you ride out to Truckhaven. If you don't, you will be kicking yourself for years to come.

Well I'd say today was a success. We ended up riding 91.5 miles!

We decided to skip eating breakfast out, but ended up working our way out to Blowsand Hill, Devils Slide, Shell Reef, the Gas Domes, and the Artesian Well. From there, we zig-zagged out to Highway 86 and took the frontage road (under some telephone wires) all the way into Salton City, where we gassed up and grabbed lunch. Then we headed out to the Phone Booth (chickened out b/c we didn't want to make that steep climb so far away from "home"), then went to the Arch (forget its real name) and stumbled across Tetherball Hill. I think we went through part of Truckhaven (am I right? We came to the booth from the south) to get to the phone booth. Next, we checked out the 4x4 Training Area, stopped by the "sea" and headed back to our hotel room.

Jump This - Where is the Blu Inn? We might try to go there tomorrow morning.

Back