• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire selection

Which tire?

• LTB

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • KM2

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Other

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
finally coming down to having to buy tires, the jeep doesnt see much road, maybe 3k miles a year street. My wheeling terrain is rock/mud/water/sand/snow. Cant decide between Super swamper LTB's or KM2's ...looking to keep it under $200 a tire. Leaning towards LTB's. Tire size will be 35x 12.50x15, on soft 8's most likely

LTB?
KM2?
Other Suggestion?

those are 2 very different tires.

i wouldnt touch the ltb's though.

i love my km2's
they are round (unlike ltbs)
they will last about 4 times as long as the ltbs
and I gotta say, i havent run ltb's, but my km2's run circles around my old tsl's on every kind of terrain i have encountered

I love my KM2's so far. They got my vote.

Im sure other people are going to chime in and say the new Kevlars. But those are more expensive then the two listed above.

If people vote other, they should probably post up what they were thinking so their vote makes sense. There are two "other" votes and who knows what they were for.

So Im gonna be the guy that chimes in with the new kevlars, yes they are more expensive than the KM2's but after watching these tires perform on the rocks, sand, snow, mud and their road manners, not much else holds a candle to them with the price bracket they are in.

I'm getting 33x10.5 km2's after my tires die. I had 34x9.5 tsl's before and they were horrid riding, but got great mpg and made every other mud tire compare to a street slick down in the bottoms.

Tire rack 204 for 35x12.5x15... Just a hair over

My pop runs Toyo Open Country's, along with a few others in the group...and they LOVE them. Kinda the unsung hero because you don't hear much about them. But if you're looking for word of mouth, there's some for ya! They will be my next tire for sure!

I ran a set of 31x11.5s LTBs on my old 90 and those things were ridiculous in the mud. Didn't last worth shit though but if your not road driving much you wont mind. Id go with the km2s, I've heard nothing but good things about them and chances are they'll be my next tire.

Back