• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uca torx head

From the factory, none of the CA bolts are Torx.

If you own a Jeep, you should have a complete set of good quality Torx bits to deal with the Torx fasteners sprinkled about on the Jeep.

I just looked in my 'Old Control Arm Bolts' can, and I found what I believe to be a factory upper control arm front, axle end bolt from my '92. It takes a T50 Torx socket. Our three other, newer XJs had those odd bolts with the bent ears on the front, axle end of the uppers. When I replace the upper arms and the bushings, I like to replace the bolt with one having a normal hex head, typically Grade 8, allowing a higher torque.

The OP didn't post his Jeep info and I haven't owned any older Cherokees. IDNK that they used Torx for the CA bolts. However, every Jeep owner should have a complete set of Torx bits.

Remember, always run the UCA axle side bolts from the inside out. If the threaded portion of the bolt points in, it can contact the oil pan when the axle is on the bump pad.

I just looked in my 'Old Control Arm Bolts' can, and I found what I believe to be a factory upper control arm front, axle end bolt from my '92. It takes a T50 Torx socket. Our three other, newer XJs had those odd bolts with the bent ears on the front, axle end of the uppers. When I replace the upper arms and the bushings, I like to replace the bolt with one having a normal hex head, typically Grade 8, allowing a higher torque.

I was thinking it was 50 or 55 from memory. I do know its metric as I replaced mine as the old one had pretty good grooves in it. Being metric you'd want 10.9 grade.

Thanks for the info,T50 is one size i do not have on hand.

Back