• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mud flapz

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
anyone else getting mud flap tickets lately? we've had 3 mud flap tickets in my crew in the last 2 weeks!

i got mine today coming up the camarillo pass, the chp guy was cool. he listed off a list of stuff to ticket me for (speeding, front plate in the windshield, cracked windshield, and no mud flaps out back). he then proceeded to only write me a fix it ticket for the mud flaps. NEVER ADMIT TO SPEEDING!

im gonna make a set of the biggest, most outrageous, honkey mud flaps EVER to pass around for the round of inspections. =)

Somebody got one coming up the mountain, can't remember who right now...

I've never gotten one but I"m pushing my luck in my red Jeep with no flaps, no flares (and a bunch of big cracks in the windshield on top of that).

It was Cal that got cited en route to BB... He was highly upset about it until he found out someone else he knows got a rather outrageous speeding ticket on the way up. That trumped his citation quite nicely.

Mike Finch (Willy51) got one about a year ago, and made a set of "big honking ugly butt flaps", as I think he calls them... I think he used pieces of conveyor belt and bolted them to his rear bumper. Gawdawful ugly. But epic.

i got one on hwy 38, a few years ago, driven up there prob 40 times, got nailed once..not too bad?

Got one a few months ago. Of coarse i forgot about and fix it, or show up on the court date, paid 500$ because i forgot about it. BUT that was my 14th fix-it ticket for the xj in the parst 3 years, so im used to them.

Got one a few months ago. Of coarse i forgot about and fix it, or show up on the court date, paid 500$ because i forgot about it. BUT that was my 14th fix-it ticket for the xj in the parst 3 years, so im used to them.

Lol getting used to them is pretty sweet! :D

I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago for no mud flaps. I was lucky and just got a warning. My heep is at 5.5" of lift with 35"s.

Damn this sucks. I nver even thought about flaps on my XJ.

6.5 in lift on 32in KMs, from the back it looks huge though. I could fling a 3/4 inch pebble over a big rig at 70mph, that's for sure. Guess I should start looking right? Plus I would hate to hurt my fiberglass boat with road debris.

is that why people stay 50 yards or so behind me on the freeway? :D

ive got some 24x36 semi truck mud flaps at work... hmm

Yea, Girly and I were just talking about this--I really should get a pair, if for nothing else to save the boat I tow, like one poster mentioned.

I didn't know the tickets were that pricey! Sheesh!

Yea, Girly and I were just talking about this--I really should get a pair, if for nothing else to save the boat I tow, like one poster mentioned.

I didn't know the tickets were that pricey! Sheesh!

Didn't you get the memo? Cali's broke.

Grimm you should also have the slide in mounts for them too. It would make taking off and putting on like 30 seconds total because who the hell wants to worry about mud flaps on the trail. I've been thinking about this even though I'm a small lift/tire rig my body is cut up enough where you see the entire rear tire below the body.

Grimm you should also have the slide in mounts for them too. It would make taking off and putting on like 30 seconds total because who the hell wants to worry about mud flaps on the trail. I've been thinking about this even though I'm a small lift/tire rig my body is cut up enough where you see the entire rear tire below the body.

Its pretty easy to make removable mounts. I made a set with a couple scrap pieces of tube. The were removable with a set of quick release snap pins.

a buddy got his signed off with these! shame on you CHP! YES! thats 1 self tapping screw!

my fix will be even worse! stand by to be amazed. im going to source my flaps from out front of a wendy's!
they want $25 PER violation, or i can pay $400 straight up. i can get it signed off 16 times for that! yes, im wasting my time, but im also wasting the CHP's time as well!

a buddy got his signed off with these! shame on you CHP! YES! thats 1 self tapping screw!

my fix will be even worse! stand by to be amazed. im going to source my flaps from out front of a wendy's!
they want $25 PER violation, or i can pay $400 straight up. i can get it signed off 16 times for that! yes, im wasting my time, but im also wasting the CHP's time as well!

Wow. You sound like you are so proud of yourself :rolleyes:

Back