• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Under body covering

duke183

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought an xj and i guess at somepoint in the past 4 months that I have had it the flap has come loose for the stock under engine cover and it hangs down in the front of the jeep under the front bumper. I have secured in the meantime with Duct Tape but it is going to snow tomorrow and would love to do something secure. It looks like the clips are gone and almost that the cover is torn. Am I going to have to take it to a dealer? Can I order the part and if so what is it called?

Thanks

That's really not necessary, I don't even have one anymore because my skidplate does a good enough job for me. It'll help if you play in the water a lot or go in mud.

The clips are just plastic push pin type ones, you can use zipties or whatever else will hold it in place as well. If it's torn you can either replace it or just remove it and never look back.

... what year is it? I know the cover changed designs sometime in the early 90s.

Yeah, I halfheartedly tacked mine back up with some zipties after I replaced my transmission cooler lines. When I added the front skid plate I got frustrated with the darn thing and just ripped it out. The MOPAR part number for yours is 5517 4736 - description SHIELD, Engine. A brand new one will cost you approximately $30 from various online MOPAR discount sites (I usually use mopardiscountparts.com but there are about half a dozen others)

Back