• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP FOLDING REAR QUARTERS

cherokeeboi

NAXJA Forum User
I live in Aliso Viejo and looking for someone to help me, i have tools, grinders etc. Iam willing to travel to San Deigo or I.E. or L.A.... but closer
the better.I know there are write-ups on how to do this but iam little freak out:scared: by doing it.

I think he is trying to fold the rear quarters, not trim the fenders...:dunno:

Pretty sure you need to cut to do that.

Thanks for the feedback, Ive done the search and have read them, but iam a little gun shy about beating and cutting up my Jeep, Once you cut thats it no turning back.
I just wanted to make sure it wasen't a hack job.

Now are you talking about trimming the fenders i.e. enlarging the wheel arches? Or folding back the quarter panels between the tire and bumper?

its understandable to be a little apprehensive about cuttin those, if your not ready dont do it....
but if its just a little scared, think it through, mark w/ masking tape, and work slowly and carefully.

you'll figure out what needs extra cuts where, and you'll figure out why each cut has to be made shortly.

ive never done it before but im only a few minutes away if you want a hand, im not really mr.experience but if you want help i could probably give a hand

You don't need to cut that much. Just a few snips here and there. Then you take the flap and fold it up along the lowest body line.

Then you can use screws to secure the flap. But you should also use some silicone to seal it up. When we did mine, Billy welded the flap up making for a very clean finish.

I've been contemplating doing this to my 2000, but I'm also a little worried about messing it up (even though I'm always banging them into rocks anyway). Let me know when you're planning on doing it, I don't have any expertise on this, but I would like to see how it goes. It doesn't look too hard.

You don't need to cut that much. Just a few snips here and there. Then you take the flap and fold it up along the lowest body line.

Then you can use screws to secure the flap. But you should also use some silicone to seal it up. When we did mine, Billy welded the flap up making for a very clean finish.

First off thanks everyone for the help, Since a couple of us in South County wanna get this done maybe we could meet up and try it out.

Back