• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help pulling rear D44 wheel bearings

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I was posting up to see if anyone near Dawsonville or Dahlonega had the means to pull off the wheel bearings on an XJ D44 so I don't have to pay a shop to do it for me since I don't have the tools to do it. It probably wouldn't cost too much to just take the shafts to a shop but anywhere I can save money will help me get closer to finally getting this axle swapped in.

So can anyone help me out around this area?

Ok I was posting up to see if anyone near Dawsonville or Dahlonega had the means to pull off the wheel bearings on an XJ D44 so I don't have to pay a shop to do it for me since I don't have the tools to do it. It probably wouldn't cost too much to just take the shafts to a shop but anywhere I can save money will help me get closer to finally getting this axle swapped in.

So can anyone help me out around this area?

I assume you mean the outer ones on the axle shaft. Cut them off? Seems like I saw this done somewhere once before.

Yeah.. cut em off.. then take them down to shop to have them pressed in. or you can hammer them back in with tube (just gotta find a tube that fits them perfectly..lol

I thought about that but the bearing retainer ring is still on there and nothing wrong with them so I don't want to spend the extra cash on those either if I cut them off. Also it looks like there is a pressed in race for them in the end of the axle tube and I have no idea if they are pressed in or not and if they are I don't know how to get them out. I am starting to think I just need to take this thing to a shop and talk to them about it and get them to help me. I just really can't pay a whole lot and I am so close to getting this thing done after 4 years of this axle just sitting around.

call machine shops around town ..see how much they would charge.. or try 4x4 shops as well.

Back