• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ info pls - regarding options and springs

dan89XJ said:
Sparkman - you got the same springs I am getting ! Mine are on the way via UPS.

What are your plans for the rear ? Just swapping in those '00 packs ? or are u going to homebrew up some packs with them ?

I havent figured out what I'm gonna do about the rear yet.. I hope to find some packs cheap and make something good.

btw - 4k on a '00 and it burnt down.. yikes.

Ok, so the springs I got are from a ZJ with a 5.9, good to know.

I am not sure about the rear yet. The springs I bought are basically new, but a little rusty. They have quite a bit of arch, and the springs on my XJ now are pretty much shot. I am thinking about using a leaf or two from my old pack to AAL to the new one, but I am worried that the old leafs are so flat that it wont work well.

Yep, that 2000 XJ was toast. The tires were burnt right off of the thing but the springs never really got hot, the little rubber things under the rebound clips are still intact, and the bushings were fine until the guy removing the springs burnt them with his torch.

Back