• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

your typical 1 ton XJ build thread

Did you go with kevin?!

What did you break?

I didn't break anything, like an idiot I went without a spare tire and on top of that I was running a tire that was already plugged. well the plug came out and I and Chris D plugged it like 3 times after that. It just kept coming out. very frustrating

yeah Kevin was out there I kinda left my group and joined up with him. Great group of wheelers. Jeepinseal, norcalchris, and a couple others I don't think are on the forum. other than that, jeep did pretty well. I wouldn't trade that trip for the world it was awesome, but Fordyce is just closer if I get into trouble

did you guys see pics of the flash flood that hit us on Cadillac hill yet?

Flash flood on cadillac? No way

I had 2 more Fordyce trips after that one. my tires aren't really holding air anymore I'm thinking sticky treps. I broke the hi steer studs and ripped the arm off that was fun..

and on that upper playground above committee in that crevice I broke the rear driveline, bent both leaf springs, clapped steering box, dented the trans pan, and have some bad clunks coming from the D60 (already ordered full king pin rebuilds wheel bearings). I was giving it hell, pictures never do it justice

theres a 5 foot ledge below this spot where I broke my everything

don't replace, upgrade

TMR gusset/plate kit, Artec double shear high steer arms

all new ARP studs, complete D60 rebuild

took apart the massive Yukon joint for a quick inspection

almost done with one side. it's hard to stay motivated when your deadline is February :D

Last edited:
here's what I've been distracted with. My buddy finally rolled his Bomber out of the shop and dyno'd it

http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/j...D-48DB-88D5-BF285180FEED_zpswoatgxcs.jpg.html

Plus I've got my own fancy shit in the works.. picked up an atlas 4.3 along with a th400 transmission. the plan is to build it with reverse manual valve body, winters shifter, and monster in a box kit. also a 2200 stall torque converter

and here's some old jeep stuff that never got posted

Back