• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

your typical 1 ton XJ build thread

Nice video and pics. Looks like I might need to come out there next year!

Sweet ass vid man. I saw mike post some of his pics on IG looks like you guys did it right. Shitty he lost his girls mini bike. Let me know next time you're out, I'm always down for the dez...
I'm out quite a bit lately it seems as this was my 3rd time to moonrocks this year.
I only got one pic of the race truck, looking hidious as usual. It did however break 100mph out there this weekend so that was fun.
On another note, someone smashed into my buddies camry while parked close to the entry rd into the rocks, did you happen to see and or know who did it?

I usually get out and go check out the other camp sites and do some back end adventuring so I would've normally ran into you but not this year. I kept it close to home base. wow really? that sucks man. I didn't see or hear about that but this year was a bit of a shit show to say the least. that sucks

Super rad vid Jake looks like you had fun mang!

its a great time every year! I'm bummed I missed wheeling with you guys but I didn't feel like driving through town this year

Nice video and pics. Looks like I might need to come out there next year!

it's the best wheeling dude. it's one hell of a party on memorial weekend

Same music as last year!! Man, I want to go there so bad.

he did a version without music too. wish we actually got all the wheeling on film but of course a lot of it happens in the dark. definitely come out one year if you can. I have more fun at moonrocks than I did at KOH

I'll get some more pics posted tomorrow

I would have walked it.

:D

I'm actually pretty bummed. I had it in 1st/2nd and when I put my foot to the floor it didn't have the same power it usually does, then it bogged down. I'm worried the drivetrain is too tired out for partying now. gonna try a transmission flush, that fluid is cooked for sure

need something with some more woopow..

I'm having an issue with mine vapor locking when it gets warm from wheeling several hours when it's warm. These stickies do work though. I don't even know how to drive good, it's just the tires.

Stroker and a cage in that thing would be nuts Jake

Maybe an exhaust too lol

I've always loved 4.6 strokers. but the 4.0 is an oddly shaped heavy motor for what it is. no replacement for displacement...

I'm gonna keep saving money till about October and see what happens..

Sounds stupid, but what PSI were your tires at? The vid makes it look like you are running a fairly high pressure and your tires have very little give.

I want to say I was running ~5psi when I was at Moonrocks. That was on tiny little 35s, but still applies.

How do you guys get away with such low pressure? I ran 10 on the con last trip and was folding my sidewall over every now and then and wouldn't be comfortable running much lower at all. 33" MTR/k

Sounds stupid, but what PSI were your tires at? The vid makes it look like you are running a fairly high pressure and your tires have very little give.

I want to say I was running ~5psi when I was at Moonrocks. That was on tiny little 35s, but still applies.

correct. it was raining on Friday night when I got there and I didn't feel like spending much time airing down. I got it to about 17lbs and forgot to air down more later. so that was probably a contributing factor

How do you guys get away with such low pressure? I ran 10 on the con last trip and was folding my sidewall over every now and then and wouldn't be comfortable running much lower at all. 33" MTR/k

I usually run 10lbs and probably wouldn't go passed that without beadlocks. not sure on the sidewall flex with yours

Im awesome like that:bs:

Comes down to wheel type and driving style. I run 5-10 psi depending on the trail, but I drive pretty slow and am very conscious of my tires. Diffs, not so much, and with such low tire pressure I usually hit them fairly often.

Back