• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Jeep progress?

Today's progress pix.....
89633575MvtQVr_ph.jpg

89634266PlCgpf_ph.jpg

That was the original plan, I spent a coin or 2 too many on some goodies for Easy. I'd like to travel over there during early Nov. and see some of the foliage if it's still a good time for bright colors.

lol.... I finally got my rear seal on the AX15 done so it's not leaking anymore.. and I still gotta fix the trailer connector (bashed the stock bracket and broke the connector) and I gotta do oil all around (got the tranny and tcase done already) and even though it's not much,..... it adds to the time... and then there is issue of the radatior flush I kept postponing (I don't think I will touch it before leaving for Moab though) and the crossmember I wanted to have done, and the rear rack I wanted to redo.... and the washer bottle that needs to be moved.... all minor things and not crucial but they are still not done :(

Kejtar

have a 9" to assemble, weld spring perches on and find spare axle shafts for. A bumper to finish. Rockrails to modify and put back on and a t-case skid to reinstall. Also have to relocate my trackbar mount and install my new steering. 24 days and counting down, but only 18 of those I will be here.

Jes said:
Like I said in the other thread, I must pack and fill my tank with gas. My XJ works.

Jes

:D ......mine's one of the most boring XJ's out there. It usually stays together and if it doesn't parts are easy to find.....:D

{I actually need to gussset some brackets, but I should have some free time coming up next week.....}

.........less mouse clicky......more wrench turny........don't forget to weldy weldy :D

XJEEPER said:
.........less mouse clicky......more wrench turny........don't forget to weldy weldy :D

LOL! :D :D
I'm actually going to paint over some of the rock rash on my Jeep because I have nothing else to do on it! :rolleyes: ;)

Jes

"I'm actually going to paint over some of the rock rash on my Jeep because I have nothing else to do on it!"

Ooh :eek: BAD KARMA!!!

Remount rocker skids, tcase skid and Hi-Lift bracket.
Wire up 12V power adapter in the cargo area.
Change valve cover gasket (slight leak) and a couple of vacuum hoses.

Order new tires.

You must have decent neighbors, Ted. Everytime I take my XJ apart and leave it on stands my neighbors call the municipal code enforcement people and I get a threatening letter (Oooo, I'm shakin' in my boots!) So now what I do is lean the wheels back in the wheel wells so it at least looks put back together to the untrained eye. I'm glad to be moving, to say the least.

Well, I've had a change of plans, I got my 'new' stock XJ running this week and it runs real good, so my plans now are to build that one in time for Moab, mainly it'll consist of swaping out axles/springs, t-case, and bumpers. Should take about the same amount of time as changing the motor in the blue XJ, I hope.

Wish me luck.

Why not make it exciting and wait another week or two?!

Thats about the condition of mine right now too...... I am getting the gears installed sunday.... and i need to drive it there.

Back