• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Ideal XJ

They are close yes, but I wouldn't call 3-4" almost exactly the same. When trying to keep width down (and keep tires from sticking way the hell out) that 3-4" helps.

That said, all said and done, to do jk 44's (the way I'd want to do them) would be quite a bit more than a 44/60 or even 60/60.... So unless I got a smokin freaking deal on jk 44's I probably won't go that route.... But its always in the back of my mind.

For some reason I was thinking tj/xj width was like 58?

Ok, finally figured out what route I want to go for axles for my 'ideal xj'

I know I'm gonna catch shit for this one, but I don't care, its what I want to run. It will also allow me to retain my wj outers/brakes and therefore steering, trackbar, wheels, tires, everything..... And will give me the bigger jk 44 gear set (up front)

Currie rock jock HP 44, with RCV's, 4.88's and arb/zip or maybe e locker. Then I can grab a xj 44 rear and gear/lock/shaft/disc brake it.

I don't plan on running any bigger than 36/37 inch iroks so I don't want 60's and I want to stay at my current width. Like I said going this route will allow me to re use a lot of my current stuff and give me the piece of mind I want for Moab/rubicon type wheeling.

I know its not the ideal set up for everyone, but I think it is for me. I don't mind unit bearings for 36" tires and the wheeling my xj will see.

Its not the cheapest route, but saving the knuckle/brake/steering/wheel changing will make it pretty close, and just saving the time/hassle of changing all that stuff is enough for me! Won't be till late spring/early summer but I think this is the route I'll go....

Back