• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You seen this

More like a Jewish Jamaican

He sure isn't what you picture, when you shut your eyes and listen to the music.

Not a Jew, he is A mish.

I just watched a bootleg DVD of interviews and performances that came to me from an unnamed source. Quite interesting, his whole spiritual awakening and subsequent life changes. Could be spin, but I think he's sincere. If he comes to town or closeby, I think I'll check him out, even if its just for the kitsch factor.

I want Moshiach now...

Wonder if he does friday nite shows...

I kind of liked it. I think he should play with Sublime sometime. I wouldn't mind seing that.:)

his name is Matisyahu, and I actually like his cd. i've never really listened to reggae before but, it isn't too shabby.

Real name is Matthew Miller from NY. Took his Jewish religion serious after some soul searching and now is a Hasidic Jew. I saw him recently and this dude rocks. Full of energy, jumping around, beatboxing all in his traditional garb. In the audience were some other hasidic jews, probably around 60 years old. All the old men were talking to each other and are probably his "groupies".

Check out his CD "Live at Stubbs" You will not be disappointed. My sig line is from track 2 "Chop 'em down" Whole cd is out of this world!

88flexj said:
I kind of liked it. I think he should play with Sublime sometime. I wouldn't mind seing that.:)

And how would he do that?

Back