• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

Hell yes.

Subscribed.

...you say "awww" when you see a stocker.

I did that the other day :D
My buddy and I were riding in his rig (on 60s and 42s), and we pulled up to a stoplight next to a stocker. I said "Aww, look at the baby Jeep"

when youre xj is a 91 the motors a 94 the front axle is a 96 with or without abs (ahh itll fit lol), the rear is a 98, cant remember when the seats come from ('cause you flooded it in the river), the trans case is 241 out of a tj. and when you go the parts store you need a cheat sheet to remember it all.

I did that the other day :D
My buddy and I were riding in his rig (on 60s and 42s), and we pulled up to a stoplight next to a stocker. I said "Aww, look at the baby Jeep"

awesome :looser:

...when an 8.8 swap is a beginner step.
...when you learn to weld 'cuz of floor pan rust.
...when you see ford owners with hard-ons and dropped jaws as you pass at stoplights.

when you laugh at a guy for spending 6k on his toyota to install a straight six and a solid front axle

when you include the price of a new daily driver in your rebuild budget because you know once you get started it will take at LEAST 6 times as long as you thought

when your dreams of lottery winnings don't include a new vehicle, just parts of one

when your friends are having the age old Ford, Chevy, or Dodge debate and you reply "Im using parts from all 3!"

when all of your childhood you loved ford trucks and now that you finally went and bought your dream 77 f250 you are seriously considering scrapping it for the axles

when your wife puts a sticker on the front fender that says Klunker as a joke, only to find out that I thought it was cool and she just named it.

When you forget you left the rear wiper on, it stops raining, and you hear the squeaking and spend a good five minutes going over everything it could be and varying throttle position, speed, transmission gear, etc trying to figure out what it is before realizing.

(It was dark, couldn't see the wiper moving or this would not have happened...)

If you have "fixed" your track bar with a 1/2" hitch pin from Walmart because there were no hardware stores open at the time.

You make a comment to your buddy in the pass seat "I really need to get to that t-case rebuild and SYE install." Then he asks is that why it vibes from 0-40 mph. You respond with "No the 0-15 vibe is just from the mud tires, the 20-40 mph shake is from the driveline angles, and the 50-55 mph shimmy is from bad upper ball joints." Nothing to worry about, it all smooths out at 65+. :D

When you have to figure out the best way to get home while taking as few left turns as possible because one of the bolts holding the steering gearbox to the frame broke.

When you find a bolt the same color as the mud, grease or whatever rustprooing material you prefer in the street, before the above occured, and spend the next 5-10 minutes checking every possible place that you can think of only to add it to the collection.

On another note does anyone recognize this bolt I fear it may be a transmission bolt (which would explain a few things) but I can't see where it would go if it was (maybe on the top of the transmission but I don't know how many transmission bolts there are supposed to be.)
Sorry about the size it was taken on my phone

IMG_20101011_002430.jpg

I believe that is one of the bolts that goes through the tranny mount/bushing into the 4wd adapter housing. Feel around above each end of the mount, between the crossmember and tranny. An 18mm socket should fit.

If not, might be a bumper bolt or possibly a motor mount to block bolt... but doesn't look like it.

when been deployed and the first thing you want to do when you get home is drive you xj and tell her your sorry for leaving her all alone!

When you transport a patient to the trauma center who was the driver of an xj that just rolled on the highway, and all you can think about is how you can use that d44 that was ripped off, and how you can use those nice RE 5.5 in springs laying on the ground!

When you are getting parts from your parts jeep and a random guy stops by and says "i see this thing getting more and more stripped everytime i drive by.. just wondering what you are doing with it''

When you truly own Just Empty Every Pocket. Or in another word JEEP.

when.... you have a XX,000$ dollar car that you let complete strangers work on, but dont let anybody but yourself repair your 1,000$ xj =]

more like my $400 xj :)

when the lady at the parts counter says " no my computer says that wont fit on your vehicle.. And you insist there is a write up that says it will..

when you are standing in line at the parts store and the guy in front of you that you already noticed pulled up in a stock xj is asking for a new master cylinder and you butt in and insist he upgrade to the Grand cherokee MS and booster. And the parts guy butts in and says it wont work.

When you have to figure out the best way to get home while taking as few left turns as possible because one of the bolts holding the steering gearbox to the frame broke.

When you find a bolt the same color as the mud, grease or whatever rustprooing material you prefer in the street, before the above occured, and spend the next 5-10 minutes checking every possible place that you can think of only to add it to the collection.

On another note does anyone recognize this bolt I fear it may be a transmission bolt (which would explain a few things) but I can't see where it would go if it was (maybe on the top of the transmission but I don't know how many transmission bolts there are supposed to be.)
Sorry about the size it was taken on my phone

IMG_20101011_002430.jpg
Track bar bracket to unibody. (the vertical ones that go into the weld nuts)

You know you own a xj when you can look at any bolt and only a bolt and know exactly where it belongs.

The threads on your steering box are 7/16-14, btw...

Back