• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

when you buy any or all of the following fluids by the gallon, 5 gal bucket, case, or otherwise in bulk:
oil (especially rotella)
dex III
gear oil
coolant
grease
simple green
pb blaster (i have finally found it in the gallon!)
and brake cleaner

you find a clever new use for oven cleaner after going junkyarding

you find clever new uses for other household items like air freshners, clothes pins, clothes hangers, window cleaner, and bathroom cleaner

you park your xj in the garage when it rains. not for the fear it will get dirty, but for the fear it will get clean

you dont know what car wax is for- xj hasnt seen it since i have owned it

you use snow wheeling to clean the underside of your jeep

you look forward to being laid off because you will finally have time for another junk yard run (going monday)

you "inspire" the cj guy down the street to buy an XJ and mildly build it up and it ends up taller than his cj

guys driving a wrangler give you dirty looks after they read the large sticker on the back of your XJ that reads "Wranglers are for Cheerleaders"

your always on the look out for a nice large piece of cardboard to replace the oil soaked one thats on the garage floor under your heep

your always on the look out for a nice large piece of cardboard to replace the oil soaked one thats on the garage floor under your heep

You gave up on the card board and switched to industrial spill blankets... that the electric company left at your house and said "you seem to need these" (after walking in and out of the garage during some service repair work.)

you own more than two of a part as a spare, even though you've never broken that part or had it fail, just because you read a lot of threads about it breaking on NAXJA.

:cheers:

you have more parts in your house/apt then on your heep.

when your roommate as how your repairs are going and the only thing you can say is "It's coming"

oh yeah,

Your roommate calls me up and asks what your up to and you say at the junk yard.
He responds...an actual junk yard or our backyard?

You hit the head of the nail on that one!!!! Now to wait for a nice clean Lexus SUV to pull up behind! :cheers:

haha i had a 91 that did that and was pleased to find out when i bought my 99 that it shot like twice as far. I always get a laugh from my friends when i clean their windshield for them lol. It has crossed my mind to make a separate reservoir and fill it with paint thinner for those people that just love to tailgate, but i guess im not that big of an asshole:rolleyes:

you know you own an xj when you pull up to a gas station and see another lifted cherokee, and end up talking with the guy for like a half hour about rear bumper concepts(happened to me last week)

you know you drive an XJ when in your living room are jeep parts. in your kitchen there are jeep parts.

and they are all parts for the RUNNING XJ lol

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

the underside is cleaned every time you get back, and all the fittings are lubed, but the paint hasnt been washed in years and you havent waxed it since you've owned it.

the underside is cleaned every time you get back, and all the fittings are lubed, but the paint hasnt been washed in years and you havent waxed it since you've owned it.

becuase the mud wont stick to it because all the oil that has leaked on it

you are driving a piece of shit ford tempo to work everyday because you spent all of your money on jeep parts and it still is not road worthy.

or when you work at the counter of a junk yard and spend your paycheck on xj parts at work before you even get it. (true story!)

Back