• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xtreme xj build with Ian Johnson

80A8CFEC-BF48-4E8D-9987-D8AB6D612430_zpshyfathcv.jpg

6.0......... You know you want it

I don't even have the funds to do the cage work I gotta wait for my reenlistment bonus.

But good lord that would be sick

Test fitted some 39.5

Front I'll have to clearance the inner fender some and do some sheet metal work, along with trimming the bumper
Rear I might move the tube fender up further

I could just adjust the coilovers and bring the ride height up but Id like to stay low

Also played some
I had better get a brown dog super mount kit soon...this is gotta put a hurting on stock
Motor mounts haha

Decided to clean the snow of The jeep yesterday.
started it up and didn't get very far in the thigh deep snow. So I rocked her back-and-forth a few times. Then there was smoke/steam billowing out from under it in the hood. So I grabbed the quick release fire extinguisher and dashed it like a madman.

Turns out it was a freeze plug on the back of the head by the firewall that let go. Previous owner used a rubber expansion plug. For now I just threw a new rubber one in since I can't get a brass one in without major work. See how long this rubber one lasts

Needs a bunch of things before wheeling season
:rewire the 02 sensor
:eek:il pressure sending unit
: fix the fuel pump whining
:Repaint the tube fenders and rocker guard (minor surface rust from sitting all winter:
:Change all fluids
Install new body panels and paint them

Plus once my reenlistment bonus hits my account it needs all the cage work done, harness's and the rear bench seat installed

i dont know if you still needed those parts your buddy blew me off on but i might have the header panel and fender you need as well in the proper color as well as the hood and upper rad support you wanted before

My bonus is in my account so the cage work will begin within the next month.

New roof grafted on and some cage work beginning

Cage on top of the roof almost finished

Interior cage work

Should be wrapped up and painted in the next few days

Mike Snyder at down n dirty offroad in reading, pa did the work I just supplied a few ideas.

Looking at the side view the cage goes through the floor and ties into the piece of dom between the slider and the subframe

The backseat will be kind of tight but that's not my major concern. If you look at the floor you an see the tuning where the new bench seat will be mounted and tied into the cage

Thanks man, im glad I spent the money and had it done right with a new roof and everything.

Just gotta repaint the tube fenders and sliders.

Back