• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xtreme 4x4 viewer TJ build

Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road
Ian from Xtreme 4x4 has been working on building up a TJ over the past few episodes for one of their viewers that brought in a underpowered, poorly lifted rig. Besides a Clayton Off Road link suspension, Ian and his team have been installing a new 4.0L, Spidertrax axles, Raceline Wheels, Falken tires, Master Craft seats, Savvy Off Road armor, new cage, and a myriad of other parts.

Check out the first two episodes online:

Team-Built TJ Part 1 | Xtreme 4X4 | PowerBlockTV.com - Video

Team-Built TJ Part 2 | Xtreme 4X4 | PowerBlockTV.com - Video

The third episode will air in the next few weeks and should contain the install of the Clayton Off Road front and rear link suspension.

423751_345782292129604_791545192_n.jpg

To learn more about Clayton Off Road products visit our website: Clayton Off Road, or give us call at (203) 691-8593.

Alex
Marketing Director
Clayton Off Road

I like this show, but this build is pissing me off. They brought the owner of the TJ in on the second ep to bring him up to speed on what they've been doing and the guy had no idea what he was looking at or what they we're telling him. Sucks that they're putting in custom axles, cage, blah, blah, blah and the dude who's gonna end up driving it doesn't even know what 4 Lo is.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's sure what it seemed like from the two eps I've seen.

I like this show, but this build is pissing me off. They brought the owner of the TJ in on the second ep to bring him up to speed on what they've been doing and the guy had no idea what he was looking at or what they we're telling him. Sucks that they're putting in custom axles, cage, blah, blah, blah and the dude who's gonna end up driving it doesn't even know what 4 Lo is.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's sure what it seemed like from the two eps I've seen.

You're not wrong. I've noticed that as well. He couldn't care less about all this stuff he's getting...

Can't wait for Ian and the guys to get his hands on my xj soon!

So anxious to see what they are going to do too it

the host is a weird little dude.
did they seriously just push shims in the housing with the carrier in to set backlash?

Last edited:
Im surprised it wasn't LS motor 700 r4 with a 4 speed atlas. I don't think Ian can drive a standard. Also the owner is going to be just like every other bought rig on the trail He will get stuck and break something. Then wait for somebody in a $1000 dollar beater to fix his rig because he doesn't know how it works.

I thought you were buying another one? They still plan to fix yours? What ever happened with that? They still have it?

Nope I got it back and parted it out, was not worth the hours to fix. It was really that bad.

I bought a rust free 98 for them to work off. Also bringing down my Dana 60s and my psc assist kit to them, I have them so no reason for them to get that stuff.

And don't worry I fully plan on wheeling it hard as ****!

Im surprised it wasn't LS motor 700 r4 with a 4 speed atlas. I don't think Ian can drive a standard. Also the owner is going to be just like every other bought rig on the trail He will get stuck and break something. Then wait for somebody in a $1000 dollar beater to fix his rig because he doesn't know how it works.

I won't get a standard just because my left foot is almost always in pain as it is.

the host is a weird little dude.
did they seriously just push shims in the housing with the carrier in to set backlash?

some carriers with oversize shaft options do use shims between the bearings and housing. I know my 33 spline 44 junk was like that.

being a 44 with an arb, those could be a higher spline count rcv shafts (didn't bother to watch the whole video)

some carriers with oversize shaft options do use shims between the bearings and housing. I know my 33 spline 44 junk was like that.

being a 44 with an arb, those could be a higher spline count rcv shafts (didn't bother to watch the whole video)
My concern wasn't that they had the shims on the outside, it was that they just slipped them in with zero effort when the carrier was already in there. Not even close to any preload there....

My concern wasn't that they had the shims on the outside, it was that they just slipped them in with zero effort when the carrier was already in there. Not even close to any preload there....

it's probably just for demo purposes, it's TV dude.

Can't wait for Ian and the guys to get his hands on my xj soon!

So anxious to see what they are going to do too it

So they are going to do your XJ? Is there a thread for it?

Back