• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Jeep XJ "Rubicon" Frankenstein 4 sale in NH

auswee

NAXJA Forum User
After 4 years of trying to build this truck up, I'm almost finished and I have to sell it to finance another project...

If you want a shiny Jeep with big wheels and a few inches of lift so you can look cool driving around town, THIS JEEP ISN'T FOR YOU!

But if you want a truck that was built to ABSOLUTELY PLOW THROUGH MUD AND SNOW, a truck that is able to EASILY CRAWL OVER ANY TERRAIN, then this is your truck!

00505_dp7w0z4rrBf_600x450.jpg

00u0u_2od5spzGFYK_600x450.jpg

00606_9OhdOlLMQKR_600x450.jpg

00k0k_iaksaB9LPvJ_600x450.jpg

00f0f_iyigKjpMdnr_600x450.jpg

01717_4QReEEJV2It_600x450.jpg

This 2001 Jeep Cherokee has a 4.0L engine, and is an automatic transmission. 146,876 miles on the odometer, I think there were about 65k when I bought it from my buddy (he switched the axles out when he owned it). Most of the miles I put on in 2010 when I lived in Bowling Green KY, I walked to work but several times a week I'd have to see clients in Louisville, Paducah, or Ashland. I put a ton of highway miles on the truck all going about 65 mph.

Here's the specs you care about:

- We call it the "Cherokee Rubicon Frankenstein" because of course there never was a Cherokee Rubicon, but this guy has the Dana 33 axles replaced with Dana 44's from a 2005 Wrangler TJ Rubicon. Both front and rear axles are locking, switches are under the dash and the air pumps are under the hood.

- Clayton 6.5" long-arm suspension professionally installed by Rodney Brooks @ Performance Unlimited in Woodstock VT. He also put a Woody custom driveshaft on and did other necessary tweaking at that time.

- 5 brand-new tires that only have probably 500 miles on them (went from NH to ME and back on a single offroading trip)

- The interior is tubbed out, all of the carpet is removed from the whole truck

- JCR skid plate on the gas tank

- JCR stage 3 swing-out bumper on the back with tire carrier and gas can holder, high lift jack, etc.

- There are tow attachments on the front end that Rodney installed, these are tied in to the frame and are rock solid.

- Appalachian Armor skid plate on the transfer case.

- I'll include everything you need to meet the minimum required equipment list for any local 4x4 club runs: gas can, high lift jack, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tow straps, and an air pump that plugs into the dash to re-inflate when you get back on the road. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS TRUCK OFF-ROAD THE DAY YOU BUY IT.

To see a video of the truck description, click: http://youtu.be/a5CsWWJVplg

To see some action footage of the XJ, click here: http://youtu.be/JvzIQ4IA9YE

Asking $4,750 and these are all QUALITY PARTS on a PROFESSIONALLY BUILT truck. If you have an offer to make, please be reasonable. No trades, I need the cash to finance another project.

Call me at 603-703-1633 to set something up. This vehicle is located in Manchester NH.

Thank you for looking!

Really not a bad price for the parts in it though

so he spent the time to put tj rubicon axles in but couldnt bother with the t-case which is what also sets the tj rubicon apart from a regular tj? looks pretty decent though

so he spent the time to put tj rubicon axles in but couldnt bother with the t-case which is what also sets the tj rubicon apart from a regular tj? looks pretty decent though

those cases go for quite a pretty penny. I dont blame him for not doing it. he probably blew his budget out on the axles.

The axles were switched out before I bought the XJ, it's since had a bigger t-case put in since I've owned it. I didn't mention that in the post, sorry.

Back