• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJgrin's 1999 Sport

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
So, my quest for more towing power and expedition comfort is starting to strain my wallet - I'm destined for a ZJ or WJ to pull my MJ trailer(I'll still be lurking here to annoy you as a partial MJ owner). SOOOO, my XJ is officially for sale. I am not dead set on selling it, so don't bother with silly lowballs, but I will sell it if the price is right (for BOD, this is NOT a "feeler" thread).

The specs:

1999 XJ Sport, loaded, and was a "up country", full skid package, although only the stock gas skid remains.... The only factory option that this rig didn't come with is heated seats and the infinity stereo, and I've fixed both to some extent. has overhead console with compass, trip odo, thermometer, mileage, etc., garage door opener and sunglass cubbies. Heated side mirrors. 165k on the chassis and transmission, everything else has been replaced at one time or another. Here's the dirt:
  • 1999 4.0 out of a TJ, @81k on it, swapped in this spring. Includes 62mm throttle body and APN header, new cat (less than 10k) and Flowmaster Delta50 muffler.
  • AX-15 5spd manual tranny with Centerforce II clutch -- less than 10k on the clutch
  • NP231 t-case with AA SYE and rear Tom Woods shaft, less than 50k on the case since a rebuild
  • D44 rear axle (Isuzu Rodeo), disc brakes, aussie locker 4.30 gears (thick)
  • D44 front (Waggy), 1/2 ton discs, LS, 4.30 gears
  • Bilstien 5125's all around
  • around 5" of lift, RE 4.5 full packs in back with a 1" lift shackle, RE 3.5" coils in front, the perches are lifted off the tube a bit on the front axle
  • custom radius arm front suspension, based on a TnT belly pan
  • TnT Track bar "system" with frame side mount and raised axle end mount
  • Ballasitic Fab heim steering, OTK
  • 4-point cage (I think intended for a 2-door)
  • Rigidco FbX front bumper, with 100watt KC lights
  • C-rok rear bumper (covers quarters) with custom tire carrier (D44 spindle)
  • TJ rear flares all around (I have em for the rear, just haven't installed)
  • ZJ leather seats (heated/power) -- currently have a cloth WJ model in back, but can get the matching leather rear in there for sale...
  • unknown brand rocker sliders -- they do their job...
  • optima red top
  • Alpine deck and Polk speakers w/ Ipod control, MP3 aux, and thumbdrive players
  • "formatt" cargo hi-lift mount (highlift not included)
  • Toyota FZJ80 alloy wheels wrapped in BRAND NEW Goodyear Dura-Tracs, 285/75R16 (33x11) -- see below...

Pics:
t2gt1wheelerlake.jpg

wheelerlakejawa5.jpg

P7300148.jpg

P7250127.jpg

P9050181.jpg

P5250016.jpg

P9280156.jpg

P9280155.jpg

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

$7750 WITH the new rubber, $6750 without (I have some treadwright "guard dogs" in the same size I can put back on it, probably have 5-10k left in them). PM me with questions or if interested. Located in Colorado Springs -- buy it before I change my mind.:cheers:

maybe you do, I drove one a hell of a lot like it today that would leave a bunch of cash in my pocket...;)

more than yours, but at less than 1/2 what you think yours might be worth in trade...

well i did not set any level in my trade i list a rig thats are ready built and did not ask anyone they offered me lol. but i would not mine go for less then 5500 bucks in a cash deal

you mentioned your price in your first post in your trade thread, and hey, I don't blame you - they are really nice rigs. I've found at least one, and maybe two similar rigs, that would leave a good chunk of change in my pocket to make em trail worthy, assuming I can sell my rig... as opposed to going straight across for yours and scraping pennies together.

Seriously, thanks for getting my brain thinking this direction, I have been struggling with my power woes and the cost to fix them, and you turned me on to alternatives! :)

Seriously, thanks for getting my brain thinking this direction, I have been struggling with my power woes and the cost to fix them, and you turned me on to alternatives! :)

I think you just need a JZ:laugh:

xj-grin/ ur a smart guy, glad to see you are going about this patiently.

Bump for a rig obviously built right, I gotta buddy at the office that was talking about getting into an xj-i'll be sure to point him your way

mmmm... JZ.

thanks Anthony!

Late Edit: Has TnT 3/16" frame stiffeners as well...

I'll trade you a 2000 Mercury Marquis w/ new bridgestone tires and 5 case's of the beer of your choice and a 100$ gift certificate at target the merc is exceptionally clean and runs great :>{))))

I'll trade you a 2000 Mercury Marquis w/ new bridgestone tires and 5 case's of the beer of your choice and a 100$ gift certificate at target the merc is exceptionally clean and runs great :>{))))

From the sound of Jim's last couple posts, he's suffering from Jeep withdrawals.

where is that rim-shot smiley when you need it, funny man??:cheers:

aaaand...... SOLD.:cry::dunno::guitar:

too late for pics, but Frank's sense of smell is pretty good, and I got a deal I couldn't refuse.

So will the next batch of trip reports include titles such as;

Yella and Grin hit the mall!
Check out our sexy new man bags
Whats a man card?

Last edited:
Back