• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj wood panels/decals?

BanWilKaiJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone seen or herd of where I can get some wood panels/decals for my xj? I've seen them for the earlier models, but can't find any for my 2000 model. thank you for any help in this area.

The wood panels were actually stickers. They were used on the XJ Wagoneer. The wagoneer is a XJ with the Wagoneer package instead of the pioneer, or limited trim package. I think the last year for the Wagoneer was 1990 but I may be wrong.

I recommend you head to your local Jeep dealer and talk to the parts guys about getting a set. Make sure they understand this is for the Wagoneer NOT the Grand Wagoneer.

You also may want to head to your favorite body shop and ask them about installing the woodpaneling for you. If you want to go all the way you can have them get the "wood trim" for the "wood panels". You are in luck no revarnishing is required since they are made out of plastic!

Wood was also part of the '91 Briarwood edition. Looks like a Wagoneer, but has the Cherokee grille, headlights, taillights.

BanWilKaiJeep said:
Has anyone seen or herd of where I can get some wood panels/decals for my xj? I've seen them for the earlier models, but can't find any for my 2000 model. thank you for any help in this area.

Just to clarify,I made a mistake as well as being unclear with what I was looking for. I have a 2000 WJ and am looking for exterior wood panels/stickers, just like the old Grand Wagoneers had until they stopped making them in 1991. I have a 1991 Grand Wagoneer and would like to have my WJ sort of match it. I've seen them on ZJ's the model before '99's. Agian any help would be appreciated. I know I'm on a XJ site but I thought I'd ask.

The only ZJ they came on were in 1993. I would surely believe that there is enough variance in the body contours from 1993 to 2000 that the wood grain set from a ZJ will not look good.

Remember, the current WJ is technically the 3rd incarnation of the Grand. They changed body styles (very slightly and mostly in the trim) for the 1996 model year, and then the whole shootin' match was revamped for 1999.

I'm not talking from experience here, but I can't picture it looking decent.

You may try an RV retailer, as a lot of times they will customize a tow-behind truck to match the exterior of the RV pulling it. They may be able to do a better job than trying to piecemeal together a 1993 "sticker sheet."

Another option...why don't you pull the wood off the Waggy and paint it to match the WJ. I wouldn't do it, but hey...one never knows!

Good luck to you.

I've been wondering for a while what a wood veneer would look like when applied to a car or truck (just about any vehicle to tell the truth) with the proper wooden trimings around it. Too bad that would probably cost a fortune to pay some body to do, unless you have the tools to do it yourself.......

This place sells em......

http://www.vwwoody.com/Products/jeep_cherokee/exterior_products/jp001/jp001.htm

jp001-2a-400w.jpg

Last edited:
i would like to know this as well, i have one of those rare briarwoods, however, my drivers side door is pretty much beyond repair in rust, and either way, i would like to keep the original wood paneling all around.

Back