• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rebuild...

Looks good. Your old mounts look similar to mine on my bumper. I just welded a piece as a brace between the nut cert area and back of mount and it's helped

Fit them to the bumper...

I'm going to clean up the welds and add a few triangles peices over the joints as well but later on that...

I'm moving on to working on the rear for some updates first....

-fixing rust.... have very little on my whole jeep and plan to keep it that way, I have found that after moving here 3 years ago every thing rusts 3x faster!

-welding on rear stiffies

-flipping around shackle brackets to get less of an angle (my leafs are to soft and bottoming out to the bumps)

And cut these out...why not?

need to get these on..

More work...

added these.. I think the splice should be good now...

found what I hope to be a good shackle angle... caused they are burned in now!

then onto rust repair... took the windows out

used autobody seam sealer to make everything water tight and primed...

and spot repairing rust... I plan to cover the rear quarters with JCR armor so it doesn't have to look that great.

and picked up a JCR skid plate off craigslist, never mounted.. little more HD compared to a stock one.

So I somehow I got motivated to do some more stuff on the ole XJ...

I cut out my rockers almost 10 years ago and put in 2x4-3/16, but I never braced them so years of wheeling tweaked them many times. My original plan was to bend them straight and weld in braces but there was to much rust for me to feel good about leaving them so I cut it all out and started over with 2x6.

I used weld through primer and will be sealing these up tight with seam sealer as well...

Where it sits now, needs paint and sealer to finish. I picked up a tube bender so I will be adding some rub rails later on as well.

I also have been collecting some other goodies!

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/98xj06/media/Jeep Stuff/IMG_20170219_143740128_zpszqdtx6mh.jpg.html

Last edited:
Threw a stabilizer on..

Since I had to cut my sway bar links off, I had to get new ones... these are from Clayton and are beef.

Also decided to try out an Antirock... looks cool, hopefully it does nice off-road, for mall crawling it gives a nice stable ride on the road.

I had to put the sway bar mount up so high the links were too long, so I a got die to thread them further.

Last edited:
Well I've been doing some work on the jeep but just now figured out a new pic hosting... so here is a picture dump of updates...

Added sliders to the sliders?

zQLGK6R.jpg

jhpdNlX.jpg

1y2Umvc.jpg

Battery box repair and JCR mount.

HPhJzG5.jpg

iyOmdXO.jpg

yu5NUGi.jpg

F8uJtb9.jpg

Ok, think I got this figured out...

Here is the battery box pre fix.

Decided the durango box sucked and got a PSC.. so much better

Did a whole rear axle rebuild. Put an ARB in, all new brakes, hardware, and cleaned it all up. Also swapped out my diff covers for a pair of riddlers. I had the first gen ruff stuff and was over the crappy allen bolts.

Shocks were only a couple years old but looked awful. I sanded them down and then wrapped them in clear vinyl, I will be doing the same to the fronts.

Drives very nice with the ARB, all the slop from the no slip is gone and now I have air lockers front and rear..

Back