• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rebuild...

Once you make an appointment to have it replaced, go to hf and buy a windshield removal tool, take your own glass out and fix the rust proper. I guarantee there's more rust than you can imagine.

So actually got some wheeling in this weekend...

Before I left I put a heavy duty fan clutch in from a GC I believe... was a tight fit, I don't think I would recommend unless you have HD motor mounts.... Seemed to work well, I actually was able to run a/c while wheeling...lol... in the past it would start to get warm if I tried that... and that's with my new winch blocking a good portion of my radiator....

mall crawling the parking lot...

Jeep worked great, front zip locker was flawless...

Everything was good until later in the day and then we started hearing a banging sound from the rear. I found the driver side passenger shackle was bottoming out on the relocation bracket. I got a better look at it today....

This is how its sitting...

I can pull up on the bumper and make it sit normal...

WTF? Leafs toast? These are Big off road 4.5 flexy- leaf packs with not much wheeling time on them...

Last edited:
it was either all them trips to lowes or my fat ass... lol.

jeep did well. curious to see if the leafs can be re-arched. i find it odd that they are more separated when flat than when at ride height. i would think compression would force them together. mine always fan and separate a little when drooped.

I have that same problem with a set of Rubicon Express leafs. After two trips to the Rubicon one side gave out. Luckily they admitted fault and replaced them. I want to put new leafs in mine but I'm not sure who to go with now.

Well the teasing warm weather got me working on the jeep a little....

This will be the 3rd time recovering my headliner, crappy glues seem to not hold. So this time I went and found specific headliner glue spray and headliner material... I also picked up an overhead console for cheap so that will also be going in.

The OHC swap is very easy, I got the complete wiring harness making it plug and play.

The guy said the bracket was from a minivan but it worked fine...

I hooked the wiring up to make sure it all worked first, good to go. This is after I cleared the memory but the Jeep it came from was averaging 12.9 MPG...lol

And since I will be loosing my switch box I made that fits between the visors I moved them into the console, also ordered two "fancy" switches to replace my simple toggles for engine fan and idle up and now they match the locker switches.

I put them in the spot where the garage door opener would go, that way I can angle the panel so the switches are not mounted flat, I think it should look pretty decent.

Last edited:
Headliner is done, and interior is back together...

Next project is going to be making new mounts for my rear bumper, I made this bumper years ago and it has held up well but I think the mounts are allowing the bumper to rock just a bit and the side rails are bumping the quarters making a clunking sound..

So onto super HD mounts....

I think these will do....

Now just need to graft them into my bumper.

Last edited:
Back