• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ on Tons..... Brakes?

ok turns out if you buy a MC for the same year 2500 series VAN you do not have to modify the push rod on your stock brake booster. i returned the one i bought and stole the one off my brothers XJ since he said he was going back to an OEM size one.

question if i install the 2500 series MC with front WJ brakes will that be an issue or do i need to wait till i have the 1ton brakes on all 4 corners? i kind of want to get the MC all set up now while i have some down time as in the next week or so i'll be going balls out on the front axle. i'm aiming for driving this around for the 4th.

You don't "need" to wait but be aware that your brakes will be touchier with a much larger MC behind them.
If it were my car, I'd brace for the consequences and replace the MC once with the 2500 series, counting on things being slightly weird but improving with the new axles.

So I run a WJ booster/MC, 3/4" chebby rear discs on a 14 bolt and Tbird front calipers on a 44 and the damn thing stops real good. some idiot cut me off 2 days ago and slammed his brakes to make a right turn into jack in the box and the jeep stopped in its tracks. I thought for sure I would end up in his trunk. I plan on getting a larger bore MC for better pedal feel, but it works with 3" bore calipers front and rear.

I know this is old. Did you ever upgrade your master cylinder?

Back