• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ lift for pavement pounder???

BlackJax said:
My daily driver only sees the street and the mud of Florida (which is swampland)

1) 15" lift
2) Coilovers front and rear
3) rockwells with 14" floating rotors and 6pot stoptech calipers w/ hydroboost
4) 44x20x20 Michelin Xs
5) hydrosteering

Has a 138" wheel base and 81" WMS-WMS (hubs out).

Rides like an 18-wheeler on the interstate. Smoother than silk.
Curious.

A month ago you said the one you describe above was your "friend's" jeep:
BlackJax said:
I have a buddy that is at 15" on 44" boggers. But he has coilovers and about 20" of wheelbase increase....
(post is here:http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243582765&postcount=10 )

and in the same thread you described your own like this:
BlackJax said:
I have an XJ with 8" of lift on 49s (mud) and 39s (rocks) with 7.13 gears. Laff. Gears have nothing to do with lift. 9" is too much lift with stock trackwidth and I can fit 49" boggers with 8" of lift and minor trimming.
(post is here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243585214&postcount=38 )

Here is the thread in question: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=925921

I'm terribly sorry dude, but if you don't make with the pics, the future holds some internet pwnage...

Oh, and you've been nominated...

Last edited:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

No he didn't!

Definately PWNED!!

Beej said:
Curious.

A month ago you said the one you describe above was your "friend's" jeep: (post is here:http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243582765&postcount=10 )

and in the same thread you described your own like this: (post is here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243585214&postcount=38 )

Here is the thread in question: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=925921

I'm terribly sorry dude, but if you don't make with the pics, the future holds some internet pwnage...

Oh, and you've been nominated...

Sorry bro, but you're a moron. I bought the jeep you're referring to. I have four XJs and a TJ. I've never stated anything that is inaccurate. Kthx.

BlackJax said:
Sorry bro, but you're a moron. I bought the jeep you're referring to. I have four XJs and a TJ. I've never stated anything that is inaccurate. Kthx.

so uhh where are the pictures of this 50" lift XJ?

BlackJax said:
In all honesty, I only pointed out what appeared to be inconsistencies in the posts. Frankly, I don't think that warranted you calling me a moron. If I'm truly incorrect and you can post pics proving it, I will happily apologize to you and raise a glass in your honour. If not, then fine.

I never said you were a liar, nor would I. I did not intentionally insult you, nor would I, as I don't know you well enough to feel comfortable doing that. I just found the posts curious, and I'm sure others did as well.

Whenever anyone posts up about owning a 15" lifted XJ on 49's, people's interests are definitely piqued. I remember you posting that a while back and when I saw these posts, I couldn't help but find it curious.

As you are a Law Enforcement Officer, you must also be trained to notice and recognize inconsistencies that the average person does not. As such, I'm guessing you must also be able to see how other people who are also trained to recognize inconsistencies can do so.

I'm now only asking that you prove you are the real deal. How about a pic of you in uniform next to your XJ? If you provide that, I will apologize profusely and shut the f**k up, never to bother you again...

:cheers:

91 Jeep Project said:
It's one of my favorite rigs on here and he will probably chime in.

Oh, yeah, that's mine :)

Thing rides like a Cadillac.

Right up until I fubared the quick disconnect bracket on the passenger side. Long story, but it's related to trail abuse, not JKS' product quality (which I feel is top-notch).

In any event, OME has worked out really well for me. As a 90% pavement-pounder / commuter vehicle and 10% off-roader, I'm very impressed with the ride, handling, and articulation of the OME kit - even with stiffer ZJ V8 springs up front and an extra leaf in the OME rear packs to better deal with towing and heavy loads.

RE's stuff is really good, but I preferred the feel of the OME suspension overall - and I was fortunately able to drive both the RE 3.5" kit and the OME 3" HD setup before making a buying decision. However, I've been hearing that people get great results from OME shocks on an RE suspension, so this might be an option.

No SYE was required at this height; vibes are nonexistent. YMMV, but if you're going to get them with one kit you'll get them with another.

Honestly, if it's never going to see dirt just go the cheap route: S-10 bastard packs or a budget boost. Personally I'd take the S-10 leaves since that doesn't involve lift blocks, but if it's never going to be wheeled blocks probably don't matter as long as you can live with the effects they have.

99XJSPORT06 said:
AAL's tend ride stiff as crap, and sag much quicker than anything else. And personally, if i'm spending $500 on a kit, it better not sag for quite some time....no matter if I wheel it hard or not.

The 500.00 dollar kit that is being talked about here does not have AAL in the rear it is a full leaf pack which will not sagg as so many will agree. I may work for rough country but I do not recomend AAL for any vehicle of the age from anyone they will sag

i wanna see this huge xj..

Beej said:
In all honesty, I only pointed out what appeared to be inconsistencies in the posts. Frankly, I don't think that warranted you calling me a moron. If I'm truly incorrect and you can post pics proving it, I will happily apologize to you and raise a glass in your honour. If not, then fine.

I never said you were a liar, nor would I. I did not intentionally insult you, nor would I, as I don't know you well enough to feel comfortable doing that. I just found the posts curious, and I'm sure others did as well.

Whenever anyone posts up about owning a 15" lifted XJ on 49's, people's interests are definitely piqued. I remember you posting that a while back and when I saw these posts, I couldn't help but find it curious.

As you are a Law Enforcement Officer, you must also be trained to notice and recognize inconsistencies that the average person does not. As such, I'm guessing you must also be able to see how other people who are also trained to recognize inconsistencies can do so.

I'm now only asking that you prove you are the real deal. How about a pic of you in uniform next to your XJ? If you provide that, I will apologize profusely and shut the f**k up, never to bother you again...

:cheers:

The chances of him being a law enforcement officer are about equal to him having an XJ with Rockwells. :looser: The closest this guy probably gets to law enforcement is being a mall security guard.

A 138" wheelbase? 44x20 tires? 15" lift? I have got to see pictures. Alas, I think this will be the last we see of BlackJackass.

As Beej stated, if we get a picture of said Jeep with said poster in uniform, I will cut my self a slice of humble pie and raise my glass. Untill then, you're just a source of amusement.

-----Matt-----

The the original poster:

My old 96 was 2wd and I turned into a pavement pounder. I used the 2 inch coils that you can buy at napa (search cc784 i think) and AALs out back. I'm sure that this made it rough in the back, but I got used to it and never noticed. I had just the gas charged monroe basics at all corners and zj steering. I also put urethane swaybar bushings on front and back. All this was on 30 inch revos and a 4.10 rear end. It handled very well and was a lot of fun to drive with all of the engine mods. I'd still be driving it now if I didn't total it a few months back.

Here's a pic of 30x9.5" BFG A/T's on my completely stock setup.
IMG_0429-1.jpg

Last edited:
99XJSPORT06 said:
32's on a 3" lift? That's going to be a tight fit...hope you dont mind trimming. And 30's on a 3" doesn't look bad....hell, my stock 235's looked okay for the month gap b/w the time I put my lift on and the time I got my tires. They didn't have that "skateboard wheel" look. But personally, 31's look great on a 3-3.5" set up.

quote]
Nope, not afraid at all. my junk has33's w/o a lift but hers isn't a wheeler so bumpstops and a minor front trim and we're good.

Alright guys. So many pointers on my thread.

I have up'ed the budget and have decided to go with OME 2" lift.

Now, where can I buy it with free shipping?
Also want to make sure I get the extras that OME does not include. Such as the bushings and new u-bolts and nuts.

Anything else I need?

Also, with most lifts, do they actually sit higher or lower than the advertised height?

Thanks,
Jeff

Back