• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ!! How high can i go on a short arm kit i already have?

I've got RE 3.5's springs with SuperRide arms, underneath a 2" coil spacer and 2 stock coil isolators. Held together by Bilstein 5150's. Honestly, the ride isn't bad at all. I daily it and have no issue with the ride quality. Sure, it is a LITTLE stiff like most say, but by no means will it render you a scoliosis patient. I've got long arms planned for the near future, but as of now I'm happy with it.

i wouldnt run more the 4.5" with drop brackets. thats just me tho

at 4.5" with drop brackets you have stock like control arm angles...

because drop brackets set so low I would never run them... but I would need at least a 6.5" + lift to run them...

they are boat anchors... they are useless unless you are mall crawlin'

at 4.5" with drop brackets you have stock like control arm angles...

because drop brackets set so low I would never run them... but I would need at least a 6.5" + lift to run them...

they are boat anchors... they are useless unless you are mall crawlin'

I ran drop brackets for about 4 years on 5 inches. Wheeled in some pretty large rock gardens and I think I hit my brackets once. Never been hung up on them.

I ran about 6" on RE fixed lowers. The ride was crap. I had RE 3.5" coils with a 1.5" spacer, it sat at about 6". I had to slow down for every speed bump, pot holes sucked, the ride sucked, flex was just fine. I went to long arms and the ride is so much better. I can cruise over speed bumps with no problems. But then my 73 F250 handles speed bumps even better... My long arms are from Rock Krawler, which everyone says sucks because they mount under the frame rail, anchors, drag on everything, bob loblaw. I've drug them a few times, but it's never been a situation where I get hung up on them or where I could've made it if they hadn't drug.

Back