• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj gets hit

I hit a deer in my XJ almost two years ago with very similar damage. I just replaced all the front end peices with ones from a junkyard and was good to go. My bumper brackerts bent in like that also. I just pounded them straight with a hammer and bolted a junkyard bumper on. Thats the cheapest way to get her running again... you might be out no more than $300. I know i also had to replace my condensor, radiator, electric fan. mechanical fan, and PS pump (the pulley exploded).

flexinout said:
I have done quite a bit of work today and for $53 fixed my jeep.

and after 24 hours work

ohya.jpg

FYI, your grill is on upside down. :shhh: And your sidewalls on that tire look scarrrrry!

Its the unique upside down grill look i was going for, thanks for noticing!:cheers:

the tire was cut when the tow truck driver delivered it, caused by the bent under fender. It holds air so i'm not worried about it until this weekend when i get paid.

flexinout said:
Its the unique upside down grill look i was going for, thanks for noticing!:cheers:

the tire was cut when the tow truck driver delivered it, caused by the bent under fender. It holds air so i'm not worried about it until this weekend when i get paid.

Good deal. My grill was upside down when I bought it and I left it that way for about a year and a half out of pure laziness. Not one person noticed. Finally decided to flip it back the way it should be when I replaced the radiator.

As far as the tire goes, I wouldn't even keep it for a spare. Maybe for a roller to move around the yard, but that'd be about it.

Nice work on putting it back together after the crash, BTW.

Thanks its my daily so i was highly motivated. Worked through neck and back pain.

I don't plan on keeping the tire. Its getting tossed this weekend.

Back