• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Buildup III

I borrowed this idea from XJEEPER, thanks again! Thought I could help by posting a pic of the exploded view of the fittings.

ARB copper line runs through the nipple, through the T, and then into the ARB supplied bulkhead fitting which in this case has been adapted to use a 1/4" push connect fitting instead of the metric compression fitting it came with. Vented air passes around the ARB copper line, through the nipple, up the T, and out the barb.

Nice exploded view, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Do you have your bumper for sale on KSL? My friend was showing me an ad at school today and it just dawned on me that the picture looked like your jeep :shhh:

I might be interested. Send me a PM? :thumbup:

it is amazing how much time and effort some people go to, some really nice work and attention to detail, though the rear seat headrests seem like way too much hard work, personnaly i've never seen a rear seat without head rests

Do you have your bumper for sale on KSL? My friend was showing me an ad at school today and it just dawned on me that the picture looked like your jeep :shhh:

I might be interested. Send me a PM? :thumbup:

Nope, not mine. I do have plans for a new front bumper and rear bumper, so I'll eventually sell it.

it is amazing how much time and effort some people go to, some really nice work and attention to detail, though the rear seat headrests seem like way too much hard work, personnaly i've never seen a rear seat without head rests

Thanks Russell. The headrest add really wasn't that hard to do, I busted it out on a Saturday.... fwiw, no US models shipped with rear seat headrests, only export units.

Nope, not mine. I do have plans for a new front bumper and rear bumper, so I'll eventually sell it.

Alright, it looked very similar to yours, but I guess it isn't :looney:

I think I'm just going to build my own, do you know the cost of materials for your front / back? I think I can bust them out over the Christmas Break.

Alright, it looked very similar to yours, but I guess it isn't :looney:

I think I'm just going to build my own, do you know the cost of materials for your front / back? I think I can bust them out over the Christmas Break.

you have a PM

You posted earlier that the Teraflex offset TRE's were 7/8-16. Is this correct? It seems like everything else that I am finding says they are 7/8-18. Amazing build. I am taking a lot of notes.

You posted earlier that the Teraflex offset TRE's were 7/8-16. Is this correct? It seems like everything else that I am finding says they are 7/8-18. Amazing build. I am taking a lot of notes.

Thanks, and yes...I have a correction somewhere......7/8"-18tpi is correct on the Tera TRE's.

I know this thread hasn't seen any activity for awhile, but I just came across it and I have to say that your welds are the most awesome freakin' welds I have ever seen... I have been around professional tig welders for years and I can't say I have seen one with the quality of weld you lay down. I just sit here and shake my head and wonder if you have some special machine you have invented to make those welds look so good. My XJ is jealous...

I know this thread hasn't seen any activity for awhile, but I just came across it and I have to say that your welds are the most awesome freakin' welds I have ever seen... I have been around professional tig welders for years and I can't say I have seen one with the quality of weld you lay down. I just sit here and shake my head and wonder if you have some special machine you have invented to make those welds look so good. My XJ is jealous...

Keith, I use a Miller 175 MIG, pulse weld method for the pretty TIG-ish looking welds. Thanks for the compliments.

Question about the WJ knuckles, is the mounting hole for the TRE's more or less than that of the stock XJ, from the center out that is, I been thinking about this, and all the parts are close. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I am going to use your VIAIR write up for my system too, thanks for all this!

Here's the front axle installed. I swapped out the poly bushing on the axle end of the trackbar for a heim, as there seemed to be too much play in it. Solved the problem. Everything works well together.

100_1367.jpg

With 3 days left before Fall Fling, I started my front bumper. I planned on fabbing it to accept a winch that ideally would be recessed below the bumper and recessed into the front crossmember, which I will rework/strengthen. Time didn't allow for this, so I wound up with this.

Main tube is 1.75" DOM, hoop is 1.50" DOM and the side braces are 1" EW. I already had the 1.5 hoop from another bumper project and decided to use it, even though it was smaller than the main. Turned out OK.

100_1412.jpg

Lower braces installed

100_1416.jpg

I was on a dead run on this and didn't get as many shots as I wanted....I finished de-slagging the welds and quickly threw on 2 coats of Krylon on Thursday afternoon. I finished packing the Jeep while the paint dried and bolted in on before we hit the road to Moab so I never even took time to snap any installed shots, so this one will have to do.

100_1484.jpg

Since I didn't get my Viair compressor installed, my ARB's were open for this run. Hells Gate was unusually slippery from a morning storm and sand tracked up from below, so I wound up taking a tug after sliding off the wallI, which allowed me to test the bumper brace as a tow point......yah, I meant to do that :laugh3:

The rig worked well, but as with any newly built rig, needs some fine tuning. I still need to install bump inserts in the coils, add a center strap to tune the droop because with 12.5" travel shocks, there is articulation o' plenty. Gotta get the ARB's plumbed and then work on sliders and rear bumper armor.........you know, a rig is never really "done".

Stay tuned................

what kind of bender did you use to make this bumper?

Back