• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 30th Anniversary Celebration photo contest

This is still one of my favorite jeepin photos, even after 10 years. That is CRASH spotting Mil at the 2003 Fall Fling. It should go on the shirt just to honor a couple of NAXJA old timers, and the good old days when trail Cherokees still looked like Cherokees.
orig.jpg

I have lost the the full size version to a computer crash, it was from my venerable 3mp Coolpix 995. I don't know how many more pixels the "high res" file would offer to the cause. I would be honored if that one made it onto the shirt. :thumbup:

BTW, the cliff is less than a thousand feet there. I still would not want fall off! :D

This is still one of my favorite jeepin photos, even after 10 years. That is CRASH spotting Mil at the 2003 Fall Fling. It should go on the shirt just to honor a couple of NAXJA old timers, and the good old days when trail Cherokees still looked like Cherokees.
orig.jpg

I have lost the the full size version to a computer crash, it was from my venerable 3mp Coolpix 995. I don't know how many more pixels the "high res" file would offer to the cause. I would be honored if that one made it onto the shirt. :thumbup:

BTW, the cliff is less than a thousand feet there. I still would not want fall off! :D

I'd like to see other perspectives of this shot. Not necessarily this exact time just what that looks like from other views.

From Fall Fling '02:
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Sort of a driver's perspective. Not a good place for flatlanders! :D
orig.jpg

This is a spoiler. The spotter has a pretty good slope of rocks below him to move around. It is not quite the edge of nothing that the photos lead you to believe. Using a wide angle lens and holding the camera up high is the key to making this place look scary. Live view on a tilting lcd is essential for composition.
orig.jpg

Oh yeah, Google Earth shows that is only a 500 foot cliff. Wimps.

Last edited:
nothing sums up the moab experience more than an action shot of someone replacing a dana 30 u-joint!

just an idea

:D

ICspring04HR16.jpg

2ICmoab0407_65.jpg

Back