• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: engine for a 2000

Bluewasp

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, hopefully I'm in the right section. I live in manassas va about an hour north of Richmond. I need an engine for a 2000 cherokee sport.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks
Zip code: 20112

Hi, hopefully I'm in the right section. I live in manassas va about an hour north of Richmond. I need an engine for a 2000 cherokee sport.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks
Zip code: 20112

I may be in the same situation of needing to replace the 4.0 in my 2000 sport 4x4.

What did you end up doing?

Rick

I have been told I need a replacement head. Any guidance on how to go about finding one of there - specifically what vehicles / years have the TUPY head?

Also, what components (intake, exhaust, airbox duct, etc) will need to be replaced to mate up to the new head?

Thank you.

You'll need a 99 style head, intake and exhaust manifold, and modify the down pipe to work with the 2000 exhaust. You'll also need to fabricate brackets for the ignition coil pack.

There's a Cylinder head company in Clearwater that I've used before. They were good to me.

After removing literally EVERY item necessary to pull the head itself, I discovered this.....

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9EF666F89D644D14&id=9EF666F89D644D14%213960&v=3

While I understand that this is a fine reason for missing, I think it is an exhaust valve and with the poshrod displaced, it should be closed.

What say the experts?...

In hindsight, I will try to remember to start with the valve cover next time.

Rick

You link the private version of your picture and we can not open it. :(

I have a 2000 4x4 set up sitting in my backyard with transmission and transfercase still attached... I would like to get 350 for engine.... and 650 for everything. :)

4049790845 LOGANVILLE GA

Back