• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wt borrow a u-joint press

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
Blew a u-joint on the way to dinner tonight... tried my big c-clamp and a socket and the damn thing just won't budge. Anybody have a press they can let me use? Shouldn't take long, just gotta pop the old one out and the new one in, after I go get the right replacement from the parts monkey since they gave me the wrong one.

Got it taken care of.
Pretty lame that there was more response on a gun forum than on a forum where people are generally working on vehicles a lot.

Anyway it appears the old joint lost a cap because the pinion yoke is missing an ear... doesn't look like anything broke off but I don't see why one side wouldn't have an ear when the other one does. Anybody have a Sterling 10.25 laying around?

Ain't seen a 10.25 at the JY in a while... worth a look though.
You comin up to my area anytime soon? We can hit that one we went to last time. Just text me, its easier.

Back