• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wooly's trip pictures

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Great day at Wooly's today. Brian (Bosco), Eric (thecheif), and I hit the trails with some of Eric's buddies riding shot gun, a couple JKs from TNJeeps.com and a random JK of rookie off-road frat boys. This was my first trip and I was pretty impressed with both the terrain and the way the XJ performed. Eric, Brian, and I were able to get out of everything we got ourselves into - with one exception. We ran the south side of the road in 2 runs. The first was just Brian, one of the JKs, and me. Eric got within 3 miles of the park, down from Bowling Green, and his Jeep quit on him. We ran the more gnarly stuff on the second run when it was the 3 XJs and the 3 JKs. Here are some photos:

Up top it kind of reminded me a little of Harlan. Nice to have that view since I'll be missing the Crawl again this year.

IMG_0768_zps8620baff.jpg

The trails were a lot of narrow, well, I guess you'd call them dry river beds with some big ole boulders to crawl over.

IMG_0758_zpsd4642927.jpg

IMG_0751_zps16494ca8.jpg

IMG_0748_zps080f67a0.jpg

IMG_0747_zps101374b9.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsd1e3aed4.jpg

We had some nice hill climbs also.

IMG_0771_zpsfe61a4f0.jpg

These jackasses were really only concerned with getting "mad flex, bro." We did end up talking them into trying a mud hole, which didn't turn out great for them. They took every bypass they could - and that JK was on 37s or something ridiculous like that. I figured they'd be the type that would want to show up a little bitty Cherocar.

IMG_0775_zpsfac3e1b0.jpg

But I'm guilty of "mad flex, bro" myself. We all took the poser shots. Glad to see that my brakelines aren't acting as limiting straps anymore. All 4 tires stayed on the ground too.

IMG_0774_zps91c6b5a9.jpg

And, yeah, you probably saw that big dent in the fender. I got that on a hill climb on a narrow turn. I bumped an exposed root and the Jeep slid driver and the bumper struck a tree. The bumper actually bent upwards and took out the corner and some of the fiberglass fascia. I tore off the passenger flare earlier, so I took this one off a little later down the trail. We did hook Brian's winch to the bumper and pulled it back in place - kinda.

IMG_0772_zpsa056a0d4.jpg

Great day of wheeling. Eric's buddy got some - well, a crap-ton, of go-pro video, so hopefully we can get some of it posted eventually.

Mad flex bro. Lol. Those frat guys were kinda crazy standing up going up that steep hill. Both Annies did awesome. I think cow skull was the best trail of tbe day. Even after getting hydro locked, annie got me back home. I think the xjs impressed all the jeep jks. Not that we had to, but we definitely proved how capable our rigs are.

Got the whole front of the Jeep taken apart tonight. Bumper is off, fascia is off, ready to start massaging that fender back into place.

Cow Skull - can't wait to watch the video!

It is Warrior products. Not sure if it will go back on or not!!

I had a good time! I think cow skull is my favorite trail at the park. It's one that takes some finesse (especially if you are on small tires), flexes the carp out of your rig, and is still totally doable in even a stock rig. As just about any wheeling trip, we were able to do more and see more since it was pretty dry! I'll post pics here in a few- didn't get many.

Nice pics!

Pretty clear those frat boys have way more money than brains in to that JK...bro.

Those pics are making me wish the next 3 work days would hurry up and be done! So I can get some wheeling done... I wanna see video of the jk hit the mud and mess up lol!

I should have gotten a shot from the other side. The mud was up to the step rail and the front corner of the bumper was under. He didn't want to get the inside muddy because he has to drive it to Florida later this week. His buddies (and us) kept edging him on. Finally, I think it was Eric, told him he had a small wiener and he decided to go in. In an effort to keep his Jeep clean he hit the puddle at a crawl with no momentum and sunk it.

IMG_0776_zps73008e35.jpg

I think it was Eric, told him he had a small wiener and he decided to go in. In an effort to keep his Jeep clean he hit the puddle at a crawl with no momentum and sunk it.

IMG_0776_zps73008e35.jpg

Bwwwwaaaahaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I believe it was markus that played the small wiener card, but it was effective nonetheless, lol. I try omit any thoughts of wiener size lest the size of mine come into question, lol

I should have gotten a shot from the other side. The mud was up to the step rail and the front corner of the bumper was under. He didn't want to get the inside muddy because he has to drive it to Florida later this week. His buddies (and us) kept edging him on. Finally, I think it was Eric, told him he had a small wiener and he decided to go in. In an effort to keep his Jeep clean he hit the puddle at a crawl with no momentum and sunk it.

IMG_0776_zps73008e35.jpg

That's some mad flex, bro!

That's some mad flex, bro!

About halfway though the ride one of the other JK guys noticed that they hadn't disconnected their front sway bar so they taught them how to disconnect it. Didn't make any difference while running the bypasses.

those tires are like racking slicks on that JK, lol, like what $2000 rims and wheels ? looks like chief had better traction then they did

those tires are like racking slicks on that JK, lol, like what $2000 rims and wheels ? looks like chief had better traction then they did

I refer you to Tim's prior statement!

Pretty clear those frat boys have way more money than brains in to that JK...bro.

Great video. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. Thanks for not filling the video with a bunch of music.

Back