• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj knuckles on xj d30 C's

Yeah, but then you're still stuck with no front axle shafts that work. :)

:doh:

Apparently I posted while you were doing the same.

I forgot all about that. I know IRO has alloys for the WJ but it seems you have to buy as a full kit instead of being able to buy just stub shafts... wonder if any companies would be interested in producing those.

EDIT: how the hell? ok, I think I missed the second page, instead of posting at the same time. I know I didn't see your posts somehow. My mistake.

Thank you for the answer Cal.
I am surprised that no one makes standard U joint front axle shafts for the WJ,
with all the WJs out there some on has to be wheeling them.

EDIT: Found these http://csloffroad.com/jeepwjfrontchromolyu-jointaxleconversion.aspx for only $800
Or I guess someone could always use these http://www.xtremeterrain.com/ultimatedana30cvfrontaxlesetfor99-04jeepgrandcherokeewjbyrcv.aspx Only $1100 :eeks1:

I also wonder how the standard WJ CV axles will hold up to Locked 33s ?? What is their breaking point?

Side by side the WJ unit bearing is much larger than the XJs & would seem to be a nice upgrade.

Last edited:
You'd have to go with the u-joint outer, and an XJ inner axle. The CV axles wouldnt work as the inner shafts would be the wrong length. I'm sure they could put something custom together, if you want to spend a grand on shafts... but why?

How often are you having quality unit bearings go out? I am told that I'm exceptionally hard on my rig, but a good set of Timken hubs still lasted me a few years (I haven't run unit bearings in 5 or so years now, though).

An upgrade perhaps, but its spending a lot of energy to not fix the weak link.. put that effort into a good truss instead, and gusset the inner C's while you are at it.

Back