• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windrock in march

Some updates and tidbits from the FJs shakedown.

web.jpg

web.jpg

We both got up 15 fine, but had to winch the Taco backwards at the end, wedged on both diffs. and then finally up it.

web.jpg

I can't remember exactly which trail this was on (its early) but you might can tell from the back ground.

web.jpg

web.jpg

and this is what happens when you decide sure lets do one more trail. #39. we went down from the junction at 3. Then we took some wrong turns on the trail. I got a flat driver front that aired back somehow, its had issues before. Finally got to G6, then took a few more wrong turns down mining roads. Finally figured out where we were and got back to the parking lot around 11:30pm or so. We started 39 about 7pm. Was a long night, fortunately the flat was the only issue on that one.

Should be a good day today. Will post more pics later, these were just all I had time for. Gotta get Dans ass up. :doh:

Alright.. i had fun!
I like this picture better of Dans FJ!
DSCF0291.jpg

heres some quick shots:
Mark on 15
DSCF0315.jpg

Tyler on 3 hill climb
DSCF0320.jpg

jarred on 3 hill climb
DSCF0332.jpg

Mark sucking seat on 3 hill climb
DSCF0343.jpg

hub destruction from toyota
DSCF0338.jpg

me on Trail 3 hard section watching doug excel!
DSCF0351.jpg

Doug excels
DSCF0359.jpg

FJ does the V notch on 3
DSCF0382.jpg

I ll let the "others" explain this picture:
DSCF0402.jpg

more:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/GeorgiaCrawlers/windrocknaxja/

Couldnt of asked for a more perfect day of wheelin! Hope everyone got home safe.

It's 12:45am. I just got home. I must say I had a great time!! It's off to bed for me though.

Well, I definitely had a good time! And I now have a real reason to swap over to link suspension... I broke a front leaf spring in Rattle Rock. It wasnt a big deal, I still had 4 wheel drive so I continued to move around until I was able to get turned around and drive out the side. That didn't bother me at all, but the other issue I had did. For some reason, the Dana 18 got stuck in low range. This has happened one time before a few trips ago, but it some how "fixed itself" before and went back to working normally. This time that didn't happen. It remained stuck in low range for the entire trip after trail 15. I guess I would rather be stuck in low rather than high. I did the 2 low mod anyway so I still had 2wd and was able to turn better, but it was still an aggravation to know Im probably going to have to tear it down again before it goes in the new Jeep.

Great trip guys, it was good meeting a few new faces and seeing some old ones. Got to do some wheelin, some hanging out, little practice on the multiple winch recovery techniques, and watch a "little" carnage. Not to mention the work out from the laps of 100yard hill hikes, boulder rolling, and tow strap pulling. I'd say it was a well rounded trip. Good job to everyone involved in the taco recovery. Can't wait till we do it again.

P.S.- I'll do the honor and make the first request of Melkors to post pics.... Dan, you know the drill. ..... J/K... but seriously, we want pics. hahaha

Last edited:
I had a great time guys. I got a chance to meet a lot of new faces and hope to see you again.

I'm going to have to either get my junk fixed so I can wheel or get on an exercise routine. Climbing steep hills is hard on a big ole desk jocky like myself. I had everything from calf and toe cramps to possible kidney cramps (can you even get those?). I'm sore today but it was so worth it.

A special thanks to my chauffer High2by. If it wasn't for him inviting me to ride along, you'd probably never see me.

Oh yeah, Waffle House rocks after along day on the trail.

yes the waffle casa seems to be tradition.

i have all dan's pictures loaded on the pc and uploaded to photobucket.... starting new thread now, theres a lot ;)

Great trip guys!!!

P.S.- I'll do the honor and make the first request of Melkors to post pics.... Dan, you know the drill. ..... J/K... but seriously, we want pics. hahaha

i had my assistant take care of that for me... :guitar:

...i just take the pics, lol

thanks Doug!

my pics, posted by doug:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1028241

i think this was my favorite pic of the day:

DSC_1959.jpg

tyler carried the front end off the ground up most of that ledge! it was freakin' awesome!!!

hahaha, good idea. I think Carl got a good shot of the wheel stand too.

it would be really hard to pick one picture that would be the "best" picture of the day!

it felt a lot more worst then this looked btw:
geekon3.jpg

mark

I have never missed a good meal at waffle house after a good day of wheelin, it is basically written law for me. Great day Great people!

Back