• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window tint.

collkid

NAXJA Forum User
Guys ever do tint yourself?

I tried it on my civic, turned out OKAY. By the time I got to the 4th window I was pretty good.

Forget the back though, that a whole new game. Anyone want to do the back on my Civic?

Thinking about doing my Comanche. The precut stuff is cheap and it looks pretty alright.

8uqy9e8a.jpg

Never done it. I got ticketed in Iowa last week for being too dark though. :cry:

I tinted one of my cars a few years ago and I will never do it again. The rear sucked and it bubbled after a year or so.

I got my MC Countryman done a year ago from a shop on Federal. $120 cash and he got it done in like 20 mins. He said it was warranted, but hard to hold someone to it when they don't give you a receipt or have a legit business license for that matter, lol.

I had done my dodge. I like super dark tint and no one would do it as dark as I wanted. Wasn't a clean job but for home done it came out pretty good. And sub5% was nice all the way around. Except for parking at night. :roflmao:

I've always just paid someone to do it since it's not that expensive (like $200 last time) and I figured it would look like crap if I did it.

Never done it. I got ticketed in Iowa last week for being too dark though. :cry:

Yes, Iowa cops are pricks. Ask me how I know, lol!

If your interested, pm me and I will give you the name of the guy I use. He is very reasonable. He did my entire Subaru for 160, and will go as dark as you want.

Yes, Iowa cops are pricks. Ask me how I know, lol!

He was actually pretty cool, opting not to write me the moving violation (80 in a 70), just the tint -- same fine, no points. Anyone who knows me and my attitude towards law enforcement can attest that the fact that I was sitting in his squad car which I was, and did not end up in cuffs, is pretty good evidence that my Iowa trooper was one of the good guys, if not the Troyscout:eyes:

Well living there for 30 years will change your attitude towards them. Lol

I thought so too, though he really did not appear to be looking with any intent... The family might have made him think not to worry about it.

Funny. I never got popped for tint. Granted truck never left the state. But if ya saw the dodge you know the tint was as black as the paint.

Yeah, apparently I am at 12.5%, 27% is the law in CO, 50% in Iowa...

Yeah colorado has a brow law too. I don't remember what it is. I just know the 14" one I had was not legal.
Another upside to tinting yourself, you don't feel bad if you have to remove it when ya get pulled over hahaha

Back