• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch/Bumper weight.....

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I searched my *** off and couldnt find what I wanted to hear. I am going to be installing a RE 3.5" SF kit along with a JCR winch bumper and a milemarker 9000 lb winch....

I am worried about how much its going to weigh the front down. How much do you think it will lower the front? 1/2", 3/4", 1'?????

I am trying to prepare myself so I can install a spacer that will makeup the difference.

Thanks

Mike

which bumper and winch do you have??

I just added the two together and it will be 145lbs.....

Well the RE 3.5" kit is already 3/4" shorter in the front so im thinkin I should get a 1.5" spacer...

Anyone have good results with those A.C.O.S. things? Seems like they would be perfect for that situation. Especially if you ever had to change anything later. Or if anything sags.

I'm running ACOS for that reason. I have a M.O.R.E. winch bumper, but no winch yet. When I get a winch I'll be ready to adjust.

I have an ARB bumper and will be fitting a Warn M8000 soon. Currently I have an OME/BB 4" lift. When I installed the bumper I also added an additional OME packer to compensate for the added weight. Now with the winch I'm thinking of going with the OME934 coils which are 35mm longer and have a bit of a higher spring rate. Is there anybody else running this setup? I'd be interested to know how the ride is with the harder springs and the added weight - would it be similar to what it was with just the bumper and the OME930 coils?

I just put on a JCR front bumper and a warn M8000. About 140-160lbs I think. The loss in height on my RE 3.5 springs was minimal. I never measured before and after, but if I had to guess I'd say it was less then 3/4" difference. I need to compare some old pictures to the current ones and see if I can tell better.

I was running the RE 4.5" coils, when I added a bumper and winch I lost about an inch. Plus with all the weight up front, it would bottom out over bigger bumps. I ended up going with some stiffer coils to fix the problem.

Back