• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will Duratrac 255/75/17 tire fit?

I've pushed my axle forward a couple inches because I don't have the bumper in the front, but at full stuff I still have about an 1.5-2" before the tire contacts the bottom flare. I hope this gives you an idea of what they'll look like, maybe help with the decision. :thumbup:

Thanks, Jeepedo129. You've been extremely helpful. I'll post pictures once I get the tires and wheels mounted. I'm still not sure which sized tire I'm going with, but I need to make a decision by tomorrow. I have two tires that are beyond repair, so the XJ is down until I get some new shoes. By the way, that's a good lookin' XJ!

Yep, these where a classifieds find, but they were new take offs. I spent around 500 for all five plus wheel adapters. Not bad.

Wow, not bad at all! I see them on ebay for about $1,400 at the lowest shipped. Of course, I didn't find any near me for cheaper. It would cost me slightly more than $1,400 for new BFGs and Cragars. I might save $200 going with the Magnum steelies. Having them painted wouldn't be worth it.

Last edited:
I got mine when I lived in Utah, they're a dime a dozen out there. But here in Connecticut, I can't find anything under a grand. I mean that's still a deal, just not as much.

Wow, they look really good. I've been going back and forth between the Charger wheels, and the Rubicon ones. It would run me about the same in costs, including the adapters that would be required to mount the JK wheels to have the Charger ones painted and tires put on locally.

What made you choose the Goodyear DuraTracs?

Wow, they look really good. I've been going back and forth between the Charger wheels, and the Rubicon ones. It would run me about the same in costs, including the adapters that would be required to mount the JK wheels to have the Charger ones painted and tires put on locally.

What made you choose the Goodyear DuraTracs?

I'm going for the utilitarian look, so the Charger wheels were the perfect fit. The DuraTracs are snow rated, have a built-in rim protector, and are good all-around tires for the type of driving that I do.

Looks good. I wanna see pics of them mounted

DSC06699_zps3i2xcv3u.jpg

DSC06700_zpsof9mfs5j.jpg

DSC06695_zpsquj9gsz8.jpg

It definitely looks good. The reason I asked was because I looked them up and they aren't LT tires, whereas the BFG-MT-whatever-they-are are. That means the BFG-MT-whatever-they-are t ires are 6-ply, and the DuraTracs aren't. How do they feel and handle? I'll acknowledge that until the 2003 Rubicon Wrangler, I don't think any of the CJs, XJs, MJs, YJ/TJs or even the J10s or J20s came from the factory with LT tires-- they were all just standard passenger tires. Someone correct me if I've misspoken. The Cherokee isn't a heavy vehicle, so I was curious on what you thought now that you're driving on them. My 34x9.50 TSLs are horrible on the road, which is where most of the Jeep's time was spent; granted, they are bias ply.

I intentionally purchased a SL tire. I do not want an LT tire. LT tires ride too harsh, especially on the gravel roads that I drive on. I have a P-rated A/T tire on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. In many cases, the P rated or SL rated tire has a higher load capacity then the LT in the same size.

Looks nice, I just got a couple used sets of tires in the 265/70R17 flavor today. For FREE!One set is Yokohama Geolander AT-S and the other is BFG Rugged Trail.I like the AT-s, nut sure about the BFG's, but only one way to find out. Just need to get my wheel adapters.

As much as id prefer the 255s because I like the taller skinnier tire, im leaning to a 265/70-17 because I wont be re gearing anytime soon so the slightly shorter tire will help. Plus the 265/70-17 is extremely common size so finding them in a pinch should be simple...in multiple brands and styles

THe difference between the 2 tires sizes is negligible. 255 is less than .5" difference between 265
And the 265/70 is maybe .5" shorter. And then depends on the specific tire. I don't think an approx 10.5 tire is very wide at all.
But, from what I have seen also, the 265/70 seems to be a bit less expensive too.

Looks good. After the tires I have on mine wear out I think I'll go with the dura-tracs. I haven't heard anyone talk bad about them.

Looks good. After the tires I have on mine wear out I think I'll go with the dura-tracs. I haven't heard anyone talk bad about them.

THE SIDEWALLS ARE THIN AND THEY SPLIT EASILY

I love mine.

+1 for DuraTracs. They've exceeded my expectations beyond words, but are beginning to fall short on the kind of traction I want on rocks. Next set will be some KM/2's since the XJ is no longer my daily driver.

If you like driving to the trails, not airing down, and having an excuse to use the skinny pedal more, you'll love the DuraTracs. I'm a lazy bastard.

Back