• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why does it sit crooked

one word... ACOS. that takes care of a lot of things. my CJ-7 had the same problem, only like 2". i wish they made an adjustable ride-height setup for leaf springs.

Has anyone noticed yet we are trying to help a guy with a question asked in June of 2005? Who bumped this post?!

I guess since he is not the only one with this problem it is okay...

DPC said:
Ok. so nothing seems bent and the rear leafs are new. it actually sits higher in the opposing corner if you look at it in the rear(passenger side). I will try to post some pics tonight. it just sits weird that I can pull up on the drivers side and hold it level. I just cant help but think it has to do with the track bar or steering because they both attach to that side.

If this is really true, then your unibody is twisted/bent. There is no way you should be low at oposite corners without the body being bent.

Mine sat about an inch lower pass. side front. I swapped coils side to side and it still did the same thing, so I just added an extra isolater to the lower side. Now it sits close enough to even all the way around. It seems that my front pass. frame rail is the slightest bit bent upwards but its past the tracbar/springs, so it just misaligns the whole front corner by a hair. Someday I'll tie in a cage to the front bumper/frame.

I have a friend who's was the same way 1.5 lean to the driver side. He swapped leaves in the packs and it made it much better, .25 lean. Moved the spare to the middle and fixed. He has a RE 3.5 superflex.

Another reason for me to keep the rear antisway bar and fab discos for that. Don't want to slouch to one side because of the spare.

if your springs arent broken in yet that could be too.. my pas side rear is about an inch (visually) higher thaan the drivers side. also makeing my front drivers side look lower. i just shifted more weight over to the pas. side and called it done. leafs are new shocks all aroudn are new coils are old. let them break in an if its still not level... tilt your head? :D

Back