• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why am I banging my front drive line on my exhaust

rookies

NAXJA Forum User
I cant see why I have beat the heck out of my down pipe with my front u-joint? I have a 3 inch lift a 3/4 crossmember drop. Front end part are tight no bent track bar, axle is centered. Any Ideas?

More info? Pics maybe? Is it happening off road or on? Full flex or what? I have never had this problem but friends I know have. Motor mounts were bad

I did have a broken mount I thount that was Ii replaced it went wheeling last weekend never heard till the upper part of fire break five it happened turning right not a lot of articulation. Ran all of cedar tree and ran both ways on saddle up never hear it.

a picture is worth a thousand words.....

help us, help you. ha ha

icon10.gif

I just checked no broken motor mount I can jack up the right side about a foot and a half and the drive line gets very close to the pipe and yes it is flatten fron the factory and now it is more. I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures

I have check that and the are the same. When I bought the jeep it had a small bracket in the end of the track bar this pushed the axle more to the right which made it worse i took it out and if anything it would need a shorter track bar then stock.

Strange that this was posted I just found out I have the same problem after I lifted.

Rod, On the christmas tree run I was talking to you about the binding noise when i hit a bump only in 4 wheel drive. Well this is it.

So hopefully we can find a cure short of replacing that area of pipe.

hmmm.... maybe you guys are just sitting in that "sweet spot" around 3" of lift where its gonna hit the pipe ? try lifting it another inch ? lol i know it sounds stupid, but...

Mine made contact with the pipe when stuffing the lf, it was a combination of poorly adjusted arms and the axle was too far back (further back than stock) I installed drop brackets and corrected my control arm lengths. No more contact

I would go for that but what should lower link length be my upper links are stock lowers I think they are adjustable. If I lengthen the lower arms I am going to take pinion angle away

I would go for that but what should lower link length be my upper links are stock lowers I think they are adjustable. If I lengthen the lower arms I am going to take pinion angle away
sorry man, ya lost me?

but i think you were saying the stock lowers are adjustable? no. they are fixed length, and for 3.5" they are too short. that very well could be the problem

My lower control arms are for a 3" lift. (barely longer then stock) and i am at 5" of lift, so my axle is pulled back, I plan to do RC drop brackets after christmas

Back