• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHO wants to c rear leaf springs FELX!

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
thats right u heard me rear leaf spings flexing!!
My%20Pictures0004.jpg

My%20Pictures0003.jpg

My%20Pictures0002.jpg

and still more flex to go!! just need to find a bigger ramp!! WHOO HOO its all bout flex!!;)

(o yea and the shackles didn't even come close to hittin the body!!

stoney

What kinda rear setup ya runnign on there, those leafs look pretty long, very nice. You still using the factory front mounts? that shackly is homemade or no?

nice rig man,

ERic

:eek: Ohh Yea !!!! Now that's waht i'm looking for, Nice, simple, cheap Home brew spring mod that is Very functional.
Awsome excellent work...

Now for 20 questions: Ok maybe only 7.

1. Half ton 2wd Chev???

2.What legnth eye to eye?

3.What year?

4. Any ideia the rear GVW of the donar Chev?

5. Where did you locate you axle centerline, rearward 2"?

6. What drive shaft t-case mods have you made?

7. What is your current rear drive shaft legnth?

1. um i don't know but i am thinkin only 2wd chevy!

2. 63"

3. i belive any year from about 89 (or so) till like 99 (about those years!)

4. ???

5.norcalxj will know

6. um jsut a short shaft kit from RE!

o yea and the guy with the dog was atlkin to his wife and was like "whoa what happened to that truck"!! ha ha it was hecka funny!

How about a static lift height shot and a pic of the shackles when it's at rest. I've got a feelin' the shackles sit almost parallel to the ground when it's sittin' level. How does it do on sidehills? Has it been trail tested yet?

Sean

Who needs a trail when you've got a mall parking lot?

CRASH

OneTonXJ said:
How about a static lift height shot and a pic of the shackles when it's at rest. I've got a feelin' the shackles sit almost parallel to the ground when it's sittin' level. How does it do on sidehills? Has it been trail tested yet?

Sean

what he said

Axle's gotta move up and down, not just down.

shackle at crappy angle = good droop + buckboard ride

well the shackle does sit jsut bout parelle to the ground while at rest! but the leaf spring are just bout flat too and leaf spring don't really bend upwards so the shackle does not hit the body!

u want the shackle to b at almost parrel to the ground that way when u flex the shackle will drop forward! which = better articulation!

it hasn't been trail tested yet cuz the front axle is not done but i am sure it will do fine on sidehills cuz it is fricken stable right now!!

stoney

The more shackle angle that you have, the faster the bushings in the springs will wear out. The camming action of the shackle as the leaf compresses puts tremendous stress on the bushings.

Well, I guess you guys will have to give it a test. You will find, over time, that extreme flex is very over rated, and sometimes, will put your rig in some high pucker factor situations.

Balance, it's all about balance.

CRASH

u want the shackle to b at almost parrel to the ground that way when u flex the shackle will drop forward! which = better articulation!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that doesn't equal better articulation, it equals better downtravel.

It also equals exactly what Crash said.

Inboarded springs and unrestricted downtravel tend to lead to a far less stable ride. This is one of the reasons I'm looking into capturing my front coils.

I'm not trying to crack on your work, just trying to shed some light. Have fun with it is all I can say.

Sean

i agree with u!
but he makes up for it by having the wide axles for a better stance!

crash
y is it so bad that the bushings wear out faster?? u can just replace them? just routine mantiance that everyone will have to do??
plus the more worn out the bushing the better artticualion right!!! :D (thats a joke;) )

stoney

u guyz crak me up......

CRASH

Back