• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who likes Rusty's

huh... the large joints don't usually have as this problem (unless you don't put them together right like I did)

also check and make sure that the snap ring seat, and the bushing half seat are machined flat. if they aren't that could be contributing to your problem.

if they aren't right, currie will take care of it.

Exact same thing happened to the Currie joint on my UCA (smaller joint). Never messed with it when it came from the factory, and the snap ring popped out. I reassembled the whole thing and it hasn't given me trouble since though.

Exact same thing happened to the Currie joint on my UCA (smaller joint). Never messed with it when it came from the factory, and the snap ring popped out. I reassembled the whole thing and it hasn't given me trouble since though.

that means it wasn't seated all the way from the factory.

I had a Rusty's front end skid that I never got around to installing. It was good looking though...:D I also ordered his tow hooks and brackets. When I got the brackets, the hooks weren't with them, so I called them up, spoke to Rusty and he apologised and shipped me a pair of hooks no questions asked. I'd deal with him again.

I installed my rustys 8" long arm kit in 07 and have loved it ever since. Coils are too soft for any jeep speed type stuff, but I like them just fine on the trail.

My order came in on time and wasnt missing any parts, everything installed real easy, and spent the first few years beating it up in ocotillo wells. Only thing that ever came loose was the leaf spring u bolts, but that's only because I didn't re torque them.

Wish I knew about naxja and the 10% off bit!! But you know how it goes, day late and a dollar short!

My XJ had Rusty's 4.5 HD coils and they were nice. Rode smooth and flexed good. It also had Rusty's 4.5 leafs, nice ride but saggy and my XJ was fairly light.

I recommend Rusty's to everyone that asks me for advice.

I installed a cRusty's lift on the Wagon only to get instant death wobble. Had a bad bushing in the frame side of the TB. I call and talked to the man himself and I was told I installed the TB wrong and they would not send a new bar. At this same time I ordered a TC drop kit that was sent with the wrong bolts. They were too short for my Jeep. Called talked to the boss and was told they never heard of that and I installed it wrong no replacement bolts for me. Fair enough!

I took the lift off and traded it for a 94 XJ.

I will NEVER offer thier name up as a vendor to buy quality lift parts or any parts from.

I installed a cRusty's lift on the Wagon only to get instant death wobble. Had a bad bushing in the frame side of the TB. I call and talked to the man himself and I was told I installed the TB wrong and they would not send a new bar. At this same time I ordered a TC drop kit that was sent with the wrong bolts. They were too short for my Jeep. Called talked to the boss and was told they never heard of that and I installed it wrong no replacement bolts for me. Fair enough!

I took the lift off and traded it for a 94 XJ.

I will NEVER offer thier name up as a vendor to buy quality lift parts or any parts from.

There's got to be more to that story, rusty and his sons are good people, I've been buying stuff from them for years, yes I've had issues but they have always taken care of it, always! And out of the hundreds of jeeps I've lifted with their products I've only had a few issues. They have good products at a good price and their products are getting better all the time.

That is the cliff notes of it. I spent hundreds of dollars on tire balencing, alignments, Kevins dual stabilizer kit, and having a offroad shop look it over and finally find the bad bushing. It was too soft from them. I had to option of buying a new track bar from either rusty's or Kevin's. I choose to take the lift off and get rid of the DW all together.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=921262

i doubt you'll get many hands in the air.
Really? Yeah, not too many. Sorry, I had to do it. :rolleyes:

Nothing, ill stand by them...

Hand in the air!!! I got a complete rusty's long arm lift love it pure beef puts every other kit I have seen in second place... well worth the coin

I have been happy with the few Rusty's products I have owned. their steering box brace is good, been running it for a while. I had their transmission x-member and t-case skid, and for stock location replacements they are great.

I love Rusty's stuff. As has been mentioned, they have had issues with a few things, but for a budget kit, you can hardly go wrong. I’ve had my Rusty's lift on since 2007 and I’ve put it through hell, believe me. I have run just about every trail around, I’ve gone fast, gone slow, through mud, over boulders, etcetera. The Rusty's stuff just keeps on ticking...

..His stuff is great for moderate to hard wheeling..

..And heard that their coil springs have a nice spring rate.

Rustys? Their coils are progressive rate, very nice imo

I have Rusty's spring ped's, LCA mounts and mini skids. It's heavy duty stuff.

..When I called with an issue, Rusty himself got on the horn and cheerfully helped me. I even got a 10% off because of being a NAXJA member. He’s good people.

Ah, yea. Cool! For a small operation, I feel he puts out really good stuff. As I mentioned, I've been on very tough trails and have kept up easily with all the RE/OME guys; hell, I've even yanked a few out. :D

Having used Rusty's many years ago, I would say that they make a reasonable part for a reasonable price..

I use a good bit of Rusty's products and have beat the crap out of my rig without failure. In fact I currently run their 3 1/2" spring pack lift with Rusty's custom control arms. Their customer service is also outstanding.

I had a Rusty's front end skid that I never got around to installing. It was good looking though...:D I also ordered his tow hooks and brackets. When I got the brackets, the hooks weren't with them, so I called them up, spoke to Rusty and he apologised and shipped me a pair of hooks no questions asked. I'd deal with him again.

My XJ had Rusty's 4.5 HD coils and they were nice. Rode smooth and flexed good..

I recommend Rusty's to everyone that asks me for advice.

..I've been buying stuff from them for years, yes I've had issues but they have always taken care of it, always! And out of the hundreds of jeeps I've lifted with their products I've only had a few issues. They have good products at a good price and their products are getting better all the time.

..I personally have had nothing but good luck with their stuff

+1 for me too.

I've been running Rusty's gear hard over the past 5+ years. I don't have one complaint.

I've had the following rusty's products

8 inch long arm
double shear track bar bracket
steering brace
coils
leafs
shackles
gas tank skid

All held up fine holding onto a 60/14 combo on 38's then 40's ...I run Clayton's now B/C I went with coil link rear ...So that's the parts he sells I have personal yse knowledge with , and they held up just fine .

Back