• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the highest Miles on an OEM 4.0L...no head/cylinder work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting the motor broken in....

340k.jpg

And yes, I wheel it!

DSCF0265.jpg

NO REBUILD....Pennzoil 20-50. Change the oil EVERY 3,000 or 3 months, whichever comes first! (and NO props to Chrysler-mine is an AMC product!)

http://www.naxja.org/rigs/

GAllgood said:
1987 with 171k, 18.5 MPG. Yeah it's the baby of the bunch.

I think I got ya' beat there, slick... 1988 w/ 168k...

Anyone original that's older than 18 years with less than that on no rebuild/overhaul?

Hi,

Boy, I am impressed, I knew there was a reason I loved this vehicle. All those numbers give me reassurance, that with the regular maintenance I give it that the far side of 250k is possible. I have 114k on my '01 and it runs like the day I bought it with 11k. It has been in traffic in Manhattan, and the LIE and has been through whiteouts in Buffalo in January. I wheel it occasionally, but it is bone stock with a K&N cold air intake system. I know its a baby, but thats ok---doesn't leak or burn anything and I run 5w all year round. Thanks for letting me post here guys! My mechanic said the trannys are designed for 400k, any truth to that with regular maintenance? It will rot before it dies. Great thread!!

Chuck

Ill ring in with the newest jeep on the post,
2000 Sport with 193,000 replaced the ac compressor at 97,000 THATS IT
still remember when they were taking the plastic off the seats at the dealership....and when i rolled over 100,000.....good memories

Had a 88 with 250K- regular rear main leak and valve cover leaks with a couple blown coolant bottles. BUT VERY ABUSED OFFROAD-ran strong till i wrecked it

96.5 Classic with 118K originial clutch

184K, no engine oil leaks, (that I know of).

93 XJ with 255,000 (still has stock rad!) Slight piston slap (will last only about another 30,000 miles but it's in the for sale section now)

I feel like my XJ is a baby... '89 with only 152k miles... bought it at 132k in 2002.

No noises, still pulls hard.
Love it, ill drive it to 1,000,000, even if it means a couple new motors :D.

bought my 88 with 196k on it. T-bone a civic around 198k, pounded out the parts that were rubbing the tires. picked some parts up off the ground, threw them in the back and drove it home. bought an 84 for parts with the insurance check and replaced the damaged front clip. just repainted her and gave her a 3" bastastard lift. ran 18 qts of oil through it 2 weeks ago and now it doesn't tick and click after i shut it off.

extankerguy said:
Finally getting the motor broken in....

340k.jpg

And yes, I wheel it!

DSCF0265.jpg

NO REBUILD....Pennzoil 20-50. Change the oil EVERY 3,000 or 3 months, whichever comes first! (and NO props to Chrysler-mine is an AMC product!)

http://www.naxja.org/rigs/

You pretty much doubled my waggys milage, i'm at 155150 miles give or take, just qouted you because you are the only other person i have ever seen with the same color wagoneer as me, i am assuming its an 85 or 87 because it is an AMC

This Pic Is from about a month ago so the milage is alittle bit higher, pretty god milage for an 87 i would think, although the engine wants to run like it has double the miles on it. Me and my dad just replace the front crankcase seal, trans. lines and the harmonic balancer but it sounds better then half the kids cars at my school so i can't complain. . .

s1ophe.jpg

Here she is

s1ornl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back