• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 XJ for sale, spare transfer case & driveshafts, Fort Myers,FL

mfascuba

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to sell my 1997 Cherokee sport. 4.0 liter, auto transfer, NP242 w/ Tom Woods SYE & Tom Woods rear driveshaft. 2" budget boost, suspension was revamped when I bought it 5 years and 120,000 miles ago. Tires are Firestone Destination A/T 31x10.5's on stock aluminum rims, plenty of tread left. The speedometer gear is correct for the tires on it. Brake lines are good (new at that time), transfer case & hubs new at around 140,000, synthetic fluid in xfer case since. Brakes have been maintained, new pads & rotors when needed. Still good meat on the brakes all around. Had front (D30) and rear (D35) axles set up, new bearings & seals around the 140,000 mark as well. Front lower control arms are Rusty's fixed length with an offset so the tires don't rub.

Motor mounts are Brown Dog. Also put new radiator and all hoses, water pump, thermostat & housing in at 90,000 5 years ago. No death wobble, runs well, total miles are 210,000. Have a spare pair of front hub unit bearings that go with it too. I've spent a fair amount of time under it and have not seen rust besides light surface rust.

The "issues" are, headliner needs to be replaced, parking brake button is gone so it's a little rough on the thumb, I did all ball joints about 40,000 ago, drivers lower was loose, replacement is welded in. Could use radiator flush. Needs shocks front & rear, paint is ugly. Was hit when I got it, replaced hood, header panel, right fender & radiator support with new, painted crappy, looks bad but serviceable. I replaced the CPS and TPS at 95,000 miles, there are new Chrysler replacements under the back seat just in case. There is an OEM hitch and aftermarket wiring harness plug for pulling a trailer. Right turn signal blinks fast, both bulbs are good, i think it's a ground that needs to be fixed. Air conditioning is cold but needs to be charged once a year. The passenger side door speaker is blown out, and the padding is gone from the drivers side door armrest.

It's been sitting in the garage for the past 18 months since I bought a Liberty. I ran it about 1000 miles a couple weeks ago, it has a squeal on the accessory belt, may be water pump or tensioner pulley, not sure. Interior is as clean as a 17 year old car with 210,000 miles on it can be expected. Not pristine but not filthy. The jeep is a blast to drive, it will blow away my 2012 liberty in acceleration, and will cruise on the interstate at 80 all day long. (It has working cruise control also).

Exterior is dark green, interior is light gray. I'm in Fort Myers, FL. Looking to get $2,500 for it. If you are interested shoot me an offer, worst I can do is say no. I really do not want to sell this in the paper, the folks on this board will understand what it is I'm selling and just might be able to get some good use out of it. My goal is full disclosure, trying to give an accurate picture of what I'm selling.

Also have a spare NP242 transfer case & driveshafts (front is a Tom Woods that needs the cardan joint rebuilt) to go with it if anyone in the area is interested. That case has about 140,000 miles on it, comes with a bearings & seals rebuild kit, looking for $500 for the set.

PM me for pictures, I never did figure out how to post them on Vbulletin sites.

Jeep is sold. Still have 1997 NP242 transfer case for sale, comes with a rebuild kit (bearings & seals) and a set of driveshafts. Front shaft is a tom woods that needs the cardan joint rebuilt. Case has around 140k miles on it. Looking for $400 for the lot of it.

Thanks,

Mark

Back