• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which tires?

i meant the offroad version of the dynabeads. it was kinda a dumb question, sorry.

airsoft pellets work great too, can pick them up at wal-mart.

ok i'd much rather do airsoft pellets, but i've heard they turn to dust, but is that really a problem if dynabeads are basically coarse dust to begin with? BTW i ordered up tires, i ended up going with the maxxis. i have a friend that loves them, and yes, they are the cheapest tire. i got them from macstirebin on ebay for 147 each for 5 of them shipped to PA. the coopers were gonna cost 186 each mounted and balanced and the trxus woulda cost 159 and i would have had to drive and get them and mount/balance myself.

muddygp said:
It's time to buy new tires (finally) I'm getting 33s, and i'm not sure which flavor is best. I want a m/t that will hold up well and be good off road. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices. i would like to opinions as to which tire to get and why. please offer only if you have personal experience or close to it. they are sort of in order of preference, only because i know the discoverers hold up well in the long haul and the bighorns are a nice looking tire that perform well. i don't really know how maxxis or the trxus hold up after lots of miles. basically i'm poor and i need to know how to get my money's worth.

1. Cooper Discoverer STT (MTZ Style, most $)

2. Maxxis Bighorn

3. Interco Trxus MT

thanks!
my bro has the coopers says they are good for dirt and mud, but he just got back from moab and says they suck for slick rock. theres my two cents.:wave:

muddygp said:
ok i'd much rather do airsoft pellets, but i've heard they turn to dust, but is that really a problem if dynabeads are basically coarse dust to begin with? BTW i ordered up tires, i ended up going with the maxxis. i have a friend that loves them, and yes, they are the cheapest tire. i got them from macstirebin on ebay for 147 each for 5 of them shipped to PA. the coopers were gonna cost 186 each mounted and balanced and the trxus woulda cost 159 and i would have had to drive and get them and mount/balance myself.

Where's kutztown? I am on the western border of PA (beaver falls) and i got my trxus mt's at 4wd hardware in ohio for 129 each. CHEAP. The 33's are 142. If you are anywhere close to the western border, stop by 4wd hardware. They beat any prices you can find :)

Dynabeads will not turn to dust. I used them for a set that had 41k and i re-used them in my next set.

The maxxis tires are good.

yeah kutztown is not far from philladelphia, relatively speaking. so i'm on the easatern end of the state. these were the best price and i don't have to leave my house to get them. i can install them myself and get pellets for them at walmart. what would be any reasons for not getting airsoft pellets or why are dynabeads worth the extra coin? i really need the tires for this upcomming weekend, so it would be nice to know that if the tires make it here i can just grab some pellets at wally world. thanks so much for all the help, i will put some pics up when i get it together

muddygp said:
yeah kutztown is not far from philladelphia, relatively speaking. so i'm on the easatern end of the state. these were the best price and i don't have to leave my house to get them. i can install them myself and get pellets for them at walmart. what would be any reasons for not getting airsoft pellets or why are dynabeads worth the extra coin? i really need the tires for this upcomming weekend, so it would be nice to know that if the tires make it here i can just grab some pellets at wally world. thanks so much for all the help, i will put some pics up when i get it together

They have said the pellets work well so i don't see the problem in using those instead. I just go with dynabeads cuz i can toss them in through the valve stem instead of unseating the bead to get pellets in. My local tire shop installs my tires but they don't mess with anything but traditional weights. I can't install tires myelf either so beads are my option. Go with pellets if you wish and let us know how it works out. :thumbup:

Pellets work great, it's nothing to bust the outer bead and reset it. All you need is a high lift or bottle jack, a source of air, and a ratchet strap to help things along when reseating the bead. Takes very little time.

Ramsey said:
Pellets work great, it's nothing to bust the outer bead and reset it. All you need is a high lift or bottle jack, a source of air, and a ratchet strap to help things along when reseating the bead. Takes very little time.

Oh i know it's easy it's just my source of air is 8 miles away and i don't have a 2nd vehicle to drag my tires over there. Maybe warn's dual winch could be next on my list of mods......:)

yeah i'm gonna go with the pellets. i have a really old school tire machine which should work fine for installing my tires. (did my 32s with it) it just takes some muscle! i'll let you all know how it works out and share some pics too! btw looks like the tires will be here thursday. :)

got the tires on and they rock. i'll put some pics in the picture showcase when i get a chance. thanks for all the help. and the airsoft pellets work awesome! i bought a container of 5000 and probably put about 900 in each tire which weighed about 6.5 oz for each tire

Back