• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Swampa's

Which Swampa

• Irok Bias 37-14-R15

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • TSL Bias 38-12.5-R15

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • TSL Radial 36-12.5-R15

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Trxus M/t 35-12.5-R15

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • TSL/SX 36-12.5-R15 ($215/ea)

Votes: 17 17.7%

• Total voters
pottenger said:
While on the tire subject. I know they are a mortgage payment. Give us some of your thoughts on your Krawlers.
It was a tough decition for me to spend a penny with BFG. Tri-guard side, yea my left nut. Tri pop sidewall is more like it. I've seen more BFG tires fail on the trails than all other brands combined. I hated that brand so I ran 36 12.50 TSL SX and so did a lot of hard core people. They ruled then I got out of wheeling for about 4 years. Then came the Krawler and I heard from old Swamper buddys that it was now the best. So I relucktantly bought them. All I really knew about them is that they claim to win more rock-crawling events than others but that may be due to contegency money and that they were radials. Radials ride smoother on small bumps and are safer on the road. They ride great on the road and needed very little balance. They stuck like glue in Moab during the fall fling and a lot of folks commented on how well they did. On Rocker Knocker where you must slide sidways to get in a groove to climb out mine would not slide even with a hub unlocked. I had the hardest time because of too much grip. Overall in moab I would say they were 10% better than the rest. In Colorado they do somwhat better overall from what I seen also. The reason these tire do better (In Stumps best guess) is the rebound of the ruber. It's slower. It hits a rock and stays wraped around it instead of bouncing off of it. Mt.Bike tires are sold in different rebounds for different terain and I think BFG did their homwork on the ruber composition and rebound characteristics. Are they worth it? Yes because if they are 100 bucks a tire more and you gain 10% then you are making your jeep 10% better for only 400 bucks. They are the best bang for the buck. I do still have a soft spot in my heart for TSL/SX on beadlocks with 6 psi for a trail only machine. The Krawlers like more air but still ride smooth. I've been fooling with 10-12 PSI but next out I will be at 14. Sorry so long but a lot of people ask so I hope this helps you and them.

wraped up said:
dude, its all about the thorn birds.

air down and they are boggers, air up and they are t/a's.

a real man like you could use somethign that plays well on both sides of the game.

bahahahaha thornbirds are complete trash

billyjp2 said:
bahahahaha thornbirds are complete trash
Thornbergs are cool if you can find a dirt cheap used set then groove them. I grooved a set of tires with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder once. What a freaking mess that hot sticky,stinky rubber was. Do it in the grass or borrow a groover iron.

Soldering Iron with a flat blade/tip welded to the end works as well

Back