• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which rear axle is this?

twistedlizard720

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for the noob-ness. I've been trying to find out which rear axle this is since I bought the XJ. JP magazine says its a D35, Quadratec says its a Chrysler, and friends are somewhere in the middle. So please tell me what axle this is.

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

Also, I'm just kind of curious. Has anyone ever put an XJ on a TJ unlimited frame? I would love to see pictures if its been done.

Sorry for the noob-ness. I've been trying to find out which rear axle this is since I bought the XJ. JP magazine says its a D35, Quadratec says its a Chrysler, and friends are somewhere in the middle. So please tell me what axle this is.

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

Also, I'm just kind of curious. Has anyone ever put an XJ on a TJ unlimited frame? I would love to see pictures if its been done.

1) Chrysler 8.25

2) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I typically don't take silly things that people say and preserve them in my sig but today I've just had toooooo many opps so I am taking advantage of this...

Thanks. That is kind of relieving. How bought the TJ unlimited frame thing?
I doubt anybody has tried it, since the XJ is a unibody - the frame is integrated into the body. You can get most of the equivalent suspension parts for the XJ and just swap them in. It is much easier to do that than to put the XJ on top of another frame.

I could see something like this happening. Cut out the uni-frame, weld metal in to void, then mount on frame. I'm sure it would take lots of additional modifications, but would be interesting.

At least you know the XJ is a uni-body...ok...I feel a little better now.

Yes, it would be interesting. I don't think there's anyone out there who's that curious though...

I'm sure it would take lots of additional modifications

To say the least. Why do you need a frame anyways? You can get frame stiffeners all day long or make them yourself if so inclined. BODY LIFTS ARE FOR SISSIES!

If you search it on one of the other cherokee sites someone is currently putting a frame on an XJ, not sure which site it is though.

I started a bit of a forum like this a while back. I started wondering if maybe my trimming in the rear fenders had allowed water in, which could eventually rot out my unibody back there, etc etc... so I asked about building a custom frame. Pretty much reinforce the XJ floorpans, remove the unibody, and build a full frame to the exact same specifications so any XJ bolt on parts would still work. Mind you if I went and built a new frame I dont know why I would ever want a bolt on part since fabbing a bumper or rock rail would be easy compared to a frame, but oh well. lol.

Ended up convincing myself that I should stick with unibody. Maybe if I find that I am getting rot, or when all the XJ's up around me in New England are rotted out, maybe then I will go into building a frame in order to preserve my XJ, who knows.

Back