• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to find cherokee axles

cherokeedriver420 said:
i dont have the tools and the front axle isnt even worth using as a boat anchor. it would probably be cheaper to buy the whole set

who told you that about the front axle? are you thinking of the dana35 rear axle.

I believe the Isuzu Rodeos D44 with 4.56 were fairly common. Throw some perches on that and I believe the 87 Grand waggy used the same 6 bolt pattern as the Isuzu.

I realize it's more work, just throwing it out there.

i want 4.56's because my tires are 2 big for the 3.55's i have now so i went back 2 my stock tires. with new tires on it doesnt move very fast and sucks gas. its a 2.8 with a 5 speed and i get 6 miles 2 the gallon. so it will be easier 2 find and replace axles than it will be to buy new gears buy all the tools to do it and or pay some smuck to do it for me does every one uderstand now and thank you prepmech i found both axle in a junk yard for three hundred bucks with the gears i was looking for

thats a good deal considering gears are about 79 to a 135 each set...along with all of the other things...you probably made the right decision...i am building a dana 44 rearend with 4.56 and decided that i didnot want to regear both so i found a hp with 4.56

Back