• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling tunes?

tuesdaysfall said:
I like to listen to bury your dead, as I lay dying, norma jean, terror, walls of jericho, bloodlined caligraphy, cannibal corpse, underoath, and evergreen terrace when I go wheeling...i know I know I have a crappy taste in music...but I like it
That's mostly Christian rock/metal, isn't it? I know Norma Jean and Underoath are, and Walls of Jericho sounds like they might be also. You ever tried Demon Hunter or He is Legend?

xcm said:
have to point out that you and everyone you know are throwing money away...

if you would read the reading materials that come with an ipod(RTFM, btw), youd figure out that plugging your ipod in every night, regardless of if it needs it, will kill the battery quick...

however, have you ever thought about replacing the battery?
im on my 2nd battery on my ipod mini,
so if you figure ive replaced one battery, in 4 years of CONSTANT use is too much... wow....

get outta the iceage grandpa

How am I throwing away money if I don't own one? I've also never thought about replacing the battery because I don't own one. Seems like a week never goes by where somebody I know wasn't sending an ipod back for battery/charging issues, or occasionally for something else.

I'm 23 years old, far from Grandpa. I just don't think the ipod is as great as its cracked up to be.

Not to mention it seemed to turn everyone into college into anti-social douchebags who just walked around with headphones on all day. Jeez, I like my music, but I don't need it 24/7.

your experience is not typical from what i've seen. either way, i'm not buying one. sorry if that offended you for some reason.

Maz said:
OEM radio/tape player no worky. No CD player. No IPOD. No working speakers. Hell, no dash lights, except the instrument cluster (thank God). I get to enjoy the beautiful tunes of the latest in 'cracked manifold'
my instument cluster has no working lights, except for the low fuel one. driving at night is awesome...

.hendrix. said:
my instument cluster has no working lights, except for the low fuel one. driving at night is awesome...
i have the same problem, wired up some LEDs to get me thru the dark :D let me know if you figure out WTF caused it cause i cant seem to get it haha.

GrimmJeeper said:
_az_thebeavis_images_headbang.jpg

ACDC, Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel and The Angles....... as long as its good Aussie shit!!!

Actually, i dont even listen to music when im wheelin...... usually to and from the trail but not during business..:D

either Social D, Rob Zombie, Genitorturers ( 120 days of genitorturers ) or Disturbed!! mainly because if i take a bad line i can hear it weather the tunes are cranked or not!! LOL....

tcm glx said:
Linkin Park....preferably with Jay Z
If your havin Jeep troubles, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problem but my Jeep ain't one.

I have just about every Jimmy Buffet CD made.... Man he was good.

Got to have some Muddy Waters and Disturbed for wheeling. Counting Crows usually ends up going along as well.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Seems like a week never goes by where somebody I know wasn't sending an ipod back for battery/charging issues, or occasionally for something else.

I have a older Nano(4gig) and its abotu 3 yrs old. I have it plugged in to my truck 24/4 typically and it "charges" it each min its plugged in. Been doing this since I got it. They on off road trails etc. I unplug it and plug it in the XJ buggy I have. Again its a IPOD control charging deck. Never once had a issue with it. And when I get done with the Xj and pull it out of the center pocket, dirt comes out of every part that it can from it. I blow it off and move on.

I love it cause I have different folders (like different CD's that would get ruined in one trip typically) and the ability to keep every song I would want with me at any given time. THen when I am done remove and theres no CD's or cases left behind.

I would do a HDD and load it full, but Itunes really is easy to use when looking for a new song that I heard on sat radio that no one sells yet.

Back on topic...
Godsmack
Floggin Molly
gorilla Zoe
Public Enemy
Birdman
Hank
Kid Rock
Toby Keith
2Pac
gotta have Too Short
Westside connection
Korn
50 cent
Deicide (for when I really feel like offending)
Eminem
Limp Bizkit

Ok basically a little of everything

ZacSquatch said:
I have just about every Jimmy Buffet CD made.... Man he was good.

Was? He still is, I go see him every year in Vegas.

70's Disco,...... with a Disco ball stapled to my headliner.

:D

Back